Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Export to Excel of Attribute --> Value --> Text Value Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please can you let me know, how can I export to Excel the following:

I have a text attribute, it has a value which in turn has a "text value text".

How do I export this "text value text" to an excel using MDM Data Manager?

e.g.: Attribute "Name" has a text value "Sandeep".

Sandeep in turn has a text value text as "MDM Consultant".

How do I export to an Excel this "MDM Consultant" with "Name" and "Sandeep"?

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your efforts and help on this.

I think it is a limitation that we cannot export the description of the attribute value.

Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies.

Let me clarify in depth what I was looking for:

In Data Manager, I go to the taxonomy mode in which all the attributes for all categories are listed.

The Text attribute "Name" has a value "Sandeep" which is listed in the attribute detail section below.

When we take the mouse over this value "Sandeep", in attribute detail section, it shows its description as "MDM Consultant".

I need to export to excel this description "MDM Consultant" to excel, for all attributes.

Could you please help me out with it?

Thanks,

Sandeep

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if i got your requirement correctly, But Try Below:

1. Go to Data Manager Taxonomy Mode and open the taxonomy Table.

2. Go to File --> Export To Excel. This will open a pop-up window. In the pop-up Window select properties to export. (* Text value will be one property).

3. Check the checkbox "Include Languages" if you want to export text values in multiple languages. After checking this box Go to languages tab of the pop-up window and specify languages to Export.

4. click on OK and check the Excel file.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you please tell me that how you are getting that mouse over value.Have you done any setting for that mouse over functionalities.

second thing is where you maintained the value that you are aeeing on mouseover functionality.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

When we follow this procedure, only the text value gets exported.

The text value can have a description, which I want to export.

Hi Sudhanshu,

When the value has a description, when we take the mouse over it, it automatically displays the description.

No setting is required for it.

We can right click on the attribute value and set/get its description.

I want to export this description value.

Thanks

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sandeep,

I also tried the same thing but there is no option to export the description part of attribute value.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

I tried this in MDM 7.1 and it is not possible to export.

regards-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you please describe what is this "textvaluetext" and where we get this option.

Are you talking about the description for thta particular attribut value.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I tried this but didn't get any option to export the text of text values.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

If you want Attribute's with main table records, Open MDM Data Manager Select current table as Main table in record mode of Data Manager. File>Export To Excel>A pop up window will come where you can Select the fields to export, in this pop up window, you will have other tabs where you need to click the Checkbox for Attributes. now select Available Attributes to Attributes to Export.

You can also export all attributes by selecting Category as current table in Record mode of MDM Data Manager and then File-->Export to Excel

Just check and revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

I am assuming that the attribute here is for the main table and Sandeep is the lookup table value (code) against which MDM consultant is the description. If you need to export both the code and description for a Lookup table value for a main record both the fields have to be defined as Display fields for that lookup table in Console.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if this solves the problem.

best regards

Ravi