cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set preferred inspection type checkbox with mass processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement for processing the "Preferred inspection type"-indicator in the QM-view of the mateiral master (Field APA from table RMQAM) with some kind of mass processing tool like for instance LSMW.

I have used QA08 for creating the inspection types in the materials, now i need to indicate the preferred inspection type which is not possible with QA08.

My issue is i do not see any standard objects in LSMW that can do this and i cannot find any standard MASS transactions which can help me.

Please help!

Kind regars,

Dag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible with QA08.

In QA08, enter your criteria. Then if you click on the tab Mass Processing, enter in the inspection type, then when you click on execute, the pop-up window of the settings comes up. Here you can click on the preferred tick-box for the inspection type. Once you do so, click the green check mark and you'll get a list of materials that met the criteria you enterred on the initial screen. Select the ones you want to change, (or click on Select all icon), then click on Save icon.

Your materials should be updated with the preferred status. No need for LSMW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, this solved my issue - rewarded!

/Dag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think LSMW will help you.but BDC can be more appropriately used for this along with the SHDB ( to click on the inspection setup tab-->copy code from SHDB to BDC )

This is the fastest way. !!

or check

BAPI_MATINSPCTRL_REPLICATE Prepare Inspection Setup (Inspection Types) for Distribution