Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating DMS Doc. from Equipment Master Screen

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We could able to create DMS Document thru CV01N am can attach equipment as object link

Other way is we can directly create thru IE02 (Equipment Master change) transaction. When I tried I found two issues :

1. We could not able to enter description.

2. It is showing only certain Doc. types only. Does need to do any customization to get all doc. types.

3. Can we choose characteristics also if that document type has.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

regarding your description I would kindly ask you to go to transaction DC10 and mark a document type where the necessary object is linked under 'Define object links'. Choose the right object and display its details by double-click. Then you will see the field 'Create document' where you have to enter a value '1' (using transaction) or '2' (simple creation). Please enter a value and flag the 'Additional function' checkbox too.

Based on your description I'm sure that you are using the 'simple creation' mode for this kind of object type in the DMS customizing. Please note that for the simple creation of documents mandatory fields (if set in customizing) cannot be filled and this will lead to error messages.

Please note that the value "1" for the creation of documents is used to enable a user to simple attache a word file on object side without going to the transaction CV01n. Therefore the system behaviour is different then creating a document by CV01n and attaching a word file to it.

However, you can change the behaviour how the document is created from equipment master transaction if you change the customizing in transaction DC10 like this:

If you maintain the value "2" for creation of documents, the user is put to transaction CV01n for the creation of document info records. So maybe this would solve the issue.

Best regards,

Christoph

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for ur explanation & it solved my problem.

'Create document' field values are '1' for 'Create simple document' and '2' for 'Use transaction to create document' , instead of

'1' (using transaction) or '2' (simple creation).

I selected 2 value & checked 'additional function' tab. When I am trying to create DIR from Equipment master it taken me to CV01N transaction, which is required.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Actually i am facing same problem...I allready configured above mentioned & it's working fine for other objects.

but i am not able to find any link to upload documents from Equipement Master & Functional Location...

Where i will find DMS link in tr. code IL02 & IE02..Please give me details..

Any suggestions will be really helpful..

Thanks...

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sam ra ,

With this customization, we can able to call transaction CV01N. So that we can create DIR and upload the document / original. We can't upload document directly for IL02 / IE02.

Still if your question unanswered, you can raise a separate question, by giving this ref.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Can you tell me how to create DMS document in transaction CV01N. I want to create DMS document in transaction CV01N.

Regards,

Pranjali

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranjali,

regarding your description I would kindly ask you to go to transaction DC10 and mark a document type where the necessary object is linked under 'Define object links'. Choose the right object and display its details by double-click. Then you will see the field 'Create document' where you have to enter a value '1' (using transaction) or '2' (simple creation). Please enter a value and flag the 'Additional function' checkbox too.

So you have to enter value '1' in the field 'Crate document' to enable your user for creating document inforecords from object side by transaction CV01N.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (0)