cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to install EHP4 version without solman?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to install fresh copy of SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 with EHP4 included from the physical media? I do not yet have solman and remote SAP connection setup so I cannot use maintenance optimizer to download.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

1) There's a media called SAP ERP 6.0 REady to EHP4, where NEtweaver 7.0 EHP1 is already installed, in this case, you just need download EHP4 and install the EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0

Well - I have this "ready" media, yes. I also have "EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0/NW7.01 enhancement package for all EHP4 components" DVD in addition (#51033594). Is this what I need?

=> Yes, these are the correct DVD's

2) You can request the media DVD's with EHP4, but you'll need the XML file generated by MOPZ.

How do I get to MOPZ?

3) You MUST have Mopz to create the XML file requested by SAPEHPI.

=> To configure MOPZ check the following documentation

http://service.sap.com/mopz

http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager => Media Library => Documentation => Maintenance Optimizer (EN)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm just adding my little stupid question to the thread...

Is it possible to install some EHP4 usage with a Solman but without an OSS connection.

I know it looks like a dumb question but I have to install a DEV system with Ehp4 on a site where the Oss line is not ready yet.

I can have access to the solution manager of another site but I won't be able to link it with the DEV system I have to upgrade.

I do not think it is possible to use MOPZ for a 'dummy'/not connected system.

I do not think it is possible to generate a XML from the market place.

Any help or tip appreciated !

Thank you

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The answer to your doubt is no, because you need SAP-OSS connection to retrieve the information of EHP4 from Marketplace.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Please check the following note that refers to other SAP notes that correct several issues with MOPZ depending on the SP level of your Solution Manager system.

1122966 - Maintenance Optimizer: Notes for Enhancement Packages

1279575 - MOPZ: Collective Notes for ST400 SP higher than 15

Please implement all relevant notes to avoid any know issues with MOPZ. Please also make sure that all systems are correctly configured in transaction SMSY of solution manager (see note 1122966)

I kindly ask you to review the "Must-Know" document under the following links to get further details about this process:

www.service.sap.com/erp-ehp

www.service.sap.com/mopz

Additionally, please check also the following notes:

1134872 - Maintenance Optimizer: FAQ for Stack Delta Files

As per point 2 of the note, please assign role SAP_MAINT_OPT_ADD to your user to generate stack delta XML. Please do not forget to perform the "user comparison" in transaction PFCG. Please also make sure that the IMG activity mentioned in the note has been performed and that the coding corrections are also implemented on the system (if not, please implement note 1134872 via SNOTE)

After applying the note, you would need to run the maintenance optimizer transaction again to generate the stack configuration file.

Please take into account that it is not allowed to process two maintenance transaction for the same system. You may withdraw the previous maintenance transaction by clicking on the "withdraw" button or you may set it to status "completed".

Then you will be able to start a new maintenance optimizer transaction on the same target system.

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

1) There's a media called SAP ERP 6.0 REady to EHP4, where NEtweaver 7.0 EHP1 is already installed, in this case, you just need download EHP4 and install the EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0

2) You can request the media DVD's with EHP4, but you'll need the XML file generated by MOPZ.

I hope that I clarified this doubt to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well - I have this "ready" media, yes. I also have "EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0/NW7.01 enhancement package for all EHP4 components" DVD in addition (#51033594). Is this what I need?

How do I get to MOPZ?

I hope that I clarified this doubt to you