Did you mean: 

Password Reset Authentication <-> Verfification with different usernames

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

just a short question:

My config is as follows:

- Authentication: LDAP

- Verification: SAP HR (with additional infotyp 0002 - ID Number)

- Disable Verfication: NONE

The problem is, that my LDAP user names are different to the SAP user names ("test.user" in LDAP, "usertest" in SAP). This derives from the limitation of the 12character SAP usernames.

My approach was the following:

1. I authenticate myself with test.user

2. On the verification screen, I change the user id to "usertest"

3. I provide the ID Number (0002)

However this does not work and I get an error saying it could not authenticate me. Please note, that I maintained "usertest" in the infotype 0105 and the ID number in 0002.

My understanding was that:

1. Verification just enables me to get to the next screen

2. Authentication with SAP HR checks if the user id is in 0105 (and of course the additional infotype 0002 can be matched.

Why does this not work? Where am I wrong? Does the authentication username need to be the same as the verification username???? if yes, why can I edit it??????

If this really does not work, could I just maintain in SU01 the "test.user" as an alias (since the alias can be 40 characters long)

Thanks for any thoughts!!!

Edited by: Gert_2010 on Jun 14, 2010 7:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gert,

Someone else also asked @ this earlier and as far as I know this scenario would not work. The verification and authentication systems take the same id and there is no place in CUP where you can configure this. You can try to create a mapping user id in LDAP and then try to login via LDAP id. I don't know if it would work or not it may be the only option.

Did you check wtih SAP support?

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

But why can I change the username then, if it really has to be identical...

I will run it by SAP Support to check what they say!

Answers (0)