cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send multiple files with it's original name over HTTPS using one CC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a File to HTTPs scenario. It is in production and working fine. Currently we send only one file and I have hard coded the name in the communication channel in the header fields. Now we have to send more files with different names and I want to use only one receiver channel instead of many. We need to send the files with their original names.

I used the ASMA in the sender File Adapter and I see the FileName in the dynamic configuration under http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/File name="FileName".

I know we can use a UDF in message mapping and get the value and put it in HEADERFIELDONE. But we don't want to use mapping as the files are huge and we don't want to insert XML tags in the payload.

So how do I put the Filename from the DynamicConfiguration to the HTTP header field as FileName without using mapping? Are there any settings?

Can I put something in the PROLOG or can I use any other module in the File Sender Adapter or is there any other option?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See my blog:

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2009/06/19/unknown-use-case-of-dynamicconfigurationbean-store-file-name-to-jms-header-without-mapping

You have to put the configuration in sender channel, as HTTP adapter does not allow modules.

For the second module, put values related to HTTP adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot stefan. That was really what I was looking for. I have tried it in our dev and I could see the file name in the HTTP HeaderFieldOne in the Dynamic configuration. Once I move it to QAS, I will know for sure whether it reached the destination successfully with the source file name. I will update soon.Thanks again.

Edited by: Sai on Jun 15, 2010 10:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Made it to the partner system with the source file name. Thanks a lot Stefan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For selecting more filenames with different name.. you dont have to create many channels.. Using one channel you can pick the different files. Use advanced selection of Source file option

-Balaji