cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checklist of what has to to be done when migrating an complex SAP environme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I wander does anyone has a checklist of what has to to be done when migrating an complex SAP environment to new hardware. We plan to migrate ECC, XI, BW, CRM IS-Utilities to new platform(e.g HP Superdome ).

Some of system now are consisting of more application servers and one database but this is more or less because of performance issues which became in long time period.

e.g. one of things to be checked are jobs explicitely dedicated to servers. I am sure there is a project plan of other things to be checked but i do not find it

Please help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor

> I wander does anyone has a checklist of what has to to be done when migrating an complex SAP environment to new hardware. We plan to migrate ECC, XI, BW, CRM IS-Utilities to new platform(e.g HP Superdome ).

If your source system is currently on the same platform (HP-UX) then it's just a matter of moving the database or presenting the LUNs to the new system.

If you use a different operating system and/or database on the source system then you must buy a certified migration consultant who will do the migration on-site (see http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration --> FAQ). If you do this on your own you'll loose SAP support for problems during the migration and for the target system.

Markus

Answers (0)