cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collective entry of sales reports in display mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm was just perplexed about this report and wandering if somebody have a clue why is the option "Display Only" at selection screen of the Transaction RESRRP visible only after one activates the subfunction XX01 from the EHP2? Does it makes any sense? We don't need to use any other features from the 'XX01' subset of functions until now. Just discovered this recently in the sandbox system. Are there any concerns if one activates XX01 just for this reason?

I haven't found any answers on the help.sap.com yet, will apreciate any tips on that.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siarhei,

option "Display only" is added due to performance reasons. You can use this option if you only want to have a list of the sales reports e.g. for download. It is part of the subfunction "XX01" because it is a functional chance that has to be delivered as part of an extension only so that the customer can decide to switch it on or not.

Please refer to the online documentation of the business function "RE_GEN_CI_1", available in transation SFW5 or in Customizing RE-FX - Basic Settings - Activate Subfunction for further information about the new features that are provided with subfunction "XX01". You may check if the new features are feasible for you.

Hope this information helps you further.

Regards, Franz

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Franz,

thanks for the explanation. But I do have some doubts about it.

we need this option not only for performance reasons. We have been looking for the reason why this report since we upgraded to ECC 6.0 cannot be started simultaniously for the same set of contracts. It was defenitely the case in 4.7. And our users liked to start it twice with different option - i.e. 'ALL' and 'MISSING'. (Besides there is no report in the information system for this purpose).

In order to be able to do so we need to use this "Display Only" option. This option when selected defenetly prevents report records and the whole contract to be locked very much exclusively by the transaction - you cannot even use RECN in change mode in a separate window if you lock all these contracts. Here you must admit that "due to performance reasons" just doesn't reflect the situtation accurately if you analyse it like this.

Regarding other new features in XX01 i must say I have studied the description already and none of them is needed at the moment. Even worth, last one activated with XX01 which causes the Check-Box 'Transfer Adjustment Terms' to be set always makes a bit of a problem for us.

So do you think there could be a way to use this flag without XX01 been activated? And why such different features have been put together or is it only our situation like this that we do need one feature from XX01 and we do not need another one?

We could sure make a separate thread for XX01 issue if you will.

Thanks, Siarhei

franz_posch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siarhei,

let me just add one thing to my first answer that I did not point out before. The "performance issue " is exactly due to the need to lock all related objects when transaction RESRRP is not executed with option "Display only". Please refer to SAP note 1014016 that handles this issue.

I hope that this explains the reasons for the observed changing in the program behaviour.

I would suggest that you open a new thread for the other XX01 issue.

Regards, Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Franz.

Yes this is it, thanks. I didn't expect it to be an OSS-Note as a reason. We had already in our new ERP 60 System because we installed the newest SP06. This explains a lot to me, although I still don't understand what comes first the XX01 feature with "Display only" option or the exclusive lock with this Note. I wish they could also refer to the hidden "Display Only" option in the Note, unless it was introduced later. Which in turn brings us to a new discsussion about XX01 and features are gathered there.

Regrads, Siarhei