cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Solution Manager 7.0??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am totally new to Solution Manager.I have installed it & when it I am checking

System->status->component version--->Solution Manager 4.0

ST Stack is - 15.

How to make Solution Manager 7.0?Which Support pack level I need to apply to make it Solution Manager 7.0?

For EWA,MOPZ Configuration what should be the minimum stack level of ST??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello N. Das

As my colleagues recommended, SAP strongly recommends the upgrade to SP24 that was released today. With Solution Manager SP18, Netweaver EHP1 is already delivered.

To more informations regarding guides/configurations/master guides/ I ask you to check service.sap.com/instguides => SAP Solution Manager => Release 7.0 EHP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot..As my ST Patch level is 15 after all of your replies I have decided to go for ST -18 that is EHP1.Whther I need to use EHP Installer for upgrade of ST-15 to ST-18??If I need to upgrade to 24 please let me know whther I need to use EHP Installer??

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check the Support Package update guide for Solution Manager in http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718044&_OBJECT=011000358700000291932009E . There it is stated:

"SAP Solution Manager is updated to EHP 1 using transaction SAINT and Java Support Package Manager."

Please check the rest of the document for a detailed how-to.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello N.Das

Solman 7.0 IS Solman 4.0 . I mean only the name has been changed so it goes with version of Netweaver; nothing more than that. So you have Solman 7.0. right now !

concerning the minimum SP Level for functionalities EWA and MOPZ. There is no correct answer. In your current Level you already have both; but ( and that is especially the case for MOPZ) new features have been added since ST15.

Current latest Solman version is EHP1 ST23.

Depending on what functionalities you re interested in MOPZ you will be able to choose the minimum level required.

If i were you I would go for the last one, especially because it contains new bug fixes and valuable enhancement for MOPZ

On this link you can check what is in what version of Solman: https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000089906&;

Regards,

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Khali. At present I am not interesed for EHP1.So from which ST patch level in system-->status I will find SAP Solution Manager 7.0??now it is showing 4.0.Whether I need to upgrade my kernel also for Solman 7.0?

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to upgrade anything to make Solman 4.0 to 7.0 as both are same .

Check the Note 1161294 - Name chg, SAP Solution Manager 4.0 to Solution Manager 7.0 . I would reccomend to go with EHP1 to get more features with solution manager .

Regards,

Nibu Antony