Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping cart source of supply

s0004552423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are implementing SRM 7.0 in Extended Classic Scenario (SAPKIBKV06).

I need an expert advice in shopping cart SOS assignment. We have free text Central Contract in our scenario. Our requirement is that when users create free text shopping cart in SRM, these central contracts should appear as source of supply (in shopping cart). I am able to get the source of supply in shopping cart for Classic Scenario. But this does not work in Extended Classic.

My question is that is this functionality available only in Classic?

Thanks

Regards,

SKN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SKN,

When you say you are using a Free Text Central Contract, the following is probably the case:

The contract item with item category normal contains only a description and a product category. Unique criteria are missing with which to identify this item in Sourcing. For this, at least one of the following fields must be filled:

Product

Vendor product number

Catalog/item (filled automatically in the background when you transfer an item from a catalog)

Only by using these fields, can Sourcing determine the contract item uniquely.

So unless you fill in these fields correctly this contract will not display as a valid source of supply. You should see the following message when you check the contract:

-> Sourcing criteria are missing from contract item

Central contracts should work in Extended Classic also...

I hope this help's,

Lisa

s0004552423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa

Yes, in Classic scenario the Central Contracts appear in SOS. All these central contracts have also been replicated to R/3.

I have maintained the 'Sourcing always carried for items without assigned source of supply' setting prod catg in SRM.

--

Regards,

SKN

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the product category that is being used in the shopping cart. Check the following within SPRO:

-> SAP Supplier Relationship Management

-> SRM Server

-> Technical Basic Settings

-> Define Backend System for Product Category

How is the product category defined here ? Please ensure this is correctly maintained for extended classic and not classic.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

s0004552423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

The product categories are maintained with Source and Target system as ECC system. I also tested with Target system as SRM but it gives the same result.

Thanks

--

Regards,

SKN

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SKN,

You could try to set a Breakpoint at FM BBP_PDC_SRC_DETERMINE and then see why this issue is happening.

I hope this helps,

Lisa

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SKN,

You could try to set a Breakpoint at FM BBP_PDC_SRC_DETERMINE and then see why this issue is happening.

I hope this helps,

Lisa

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

there are two mechanism

in the contract

one is like GOA if you have distributed to ECC system it is available for only classic.

another one is LOCAL CONTRACT - it is available for Extended classic.

so please clarify about CCTR contract details of your functional design.

Muthu

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

there are two mechanism

in the contract

one is like GOA if you have distributed to ECC system it is available for only classic.

another one is LOCAL CONTRACT - it is available for Extended classic.

so please clarify about CCTR contract details of your functional design.

Muthu

s0004552423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

These central contract are distributed to ECC. We want to use these contracts for sourcing in SRM and ECC.

Lisa - Let me test with a break point in that FM.

Thanks

SKN

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SKN,

I have looked into this further, when debugging it might be better to set your BP at Class /SAPSRM/IF_PDO_AO_SOCO_DET_SOS Method GET_SOS. That might show more... when in here you will be brought to GET_SOS_LOCAL_AND_BE and then FM BBP_SOS_HUB_FIND. In here the system will search for the logical system and the determine the sources of supply.

This should then show the issue.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1393854 - "Block Local Sourcing" field and lable separated in contract

Note 1403375 - Block local sourcing flag is cleared

IS IT PCTR OR CCTR contract?

I GET BACK TO YOU SHORTLY.

-

When you create a central contract, you can specify that it is distributed to one or more SAP ERP back-end systems. On item level, you can enter release-authorized purchasing organizations by selecting the Assign Distribution pushbutton. You then enter Release-Authorized Purchasing Organizations (back-end systems) that you require, along with other data such as Location and Target Value for each back-end system.

Assigning distribution in this way can be particularly useful if you have many items as it simplifies the process.

By default, every item in a central contract is available as source of supply locally. If you do not want the items to be available locally, set the Block Local Sourcing indicator on the General Data tab page.

Header Level

The header level of a contract provides you with an overview of distribution.

Select Calculate to display an overview of the Target Values for each release-authorized purchasing organization. You only need to do this when creating the contract.

Note

The central contract is created in each specified release-authorized purchasing organization with a different number. The contract numbers (SAP SRM contract and SAP ERP contracts) are displayed on the Tracking tab page. When you subsequently search for contracts, the system displays both the SAP SRM contract number and the number under which it is known in the respective SAP ERP systems.

End of the note.

Distribution Technology

Central contracts are distributed to SAP ERP back-ends on Enhancement Package 4 and higher using SAP's service-oriented architecture (SOA).

For all other releases, distribution is carried out using iDocs

mUTHU

s0004552423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

I am unable to open GET_SOS method. The description of this method say - 'Returns the vendor list for the items'. So is this method used for sourcing via vendor list? We have not activated vendor list in our system.

Thanks,

SKN

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SKN

Eventually in SRM 700 there are two types of contract CCTR (likely GOA) - can be used a s source of supply in both system ECC as well as SRM .

if you block for sourcing. it will not available for Extended classic scenario.

since CCTR can be distributed to back end.-This is available for clasic scenario .

PCTR - Local contract , you may not have block for sourcing since this contract never distributed to backend system and this will be available for only standalone and extended classic.

Hope now you know which flag needs to be checked in CCTR contract -i.e BLOCK for sourcing.

Muthu

s0004552423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for your reply.

In our system, I can use the central contract as source of supply in PO. But it doesn't auomatically appear as Sorce of Supply in shopping cart. The central contract is not blocked for local sourcing. However, in classic scenario it auomatically appears in the shopping cart source of supply tab.

Regards

SKN

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Muthu,

>

> Thanks for your reply.

>

> In our system, I can use the central contract as source of supply in PO. But it doesn't auomatically appear as Sorce of Supply in shopping cart. The central contract is not blocked for local sourcing. However, in classic scenario it auomatically appears in the shopping cart source of supply tab.

>

> Regards

> SKN

You must get source of supply since you did not block.

Did you recently moved from classic to extended classic scenario ?

Normally We do have only scenario must be existing?

currently what is your LEADING SYSTEM?

MUTHU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SKN,

This is a bug in SRM 7.0. Even we have come aross the same issue.

please implement the below notes

If this notes doesnt help you.please raise a OSS message

regards

subhash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

s0004552423
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The central contracts appears in the source list in Classic Scenario even if I have not put the vendor product number. This actually confused me and I started thinking if source of supply appears only in classic. Can you give me your inputs?

Thanks,

SKN

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you distribute the contracts to backend system ? GIVE more details on CCTR.

i believe now adays CCTR used as local source of supply not like GOA once upon a time GOA is not a source of supply and Purchasing contract is a source of supply for classic mode.

Muthu

lisa_sheil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Central Contracts are like local contracts that are also distributed to R/3. But only certain information is transfered to R/3 it is not a completely copy of the contract in SRM.

When you say only classic source of supply are showing, do you mean contracts that are in R/3 ? or were these also distributed from SRM ?

Please check the customizing for the concerned product categories.

If this does note help please provide further details on this issue.

I hope this helps,

Lisa