cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify web dynpro FITE_EXPENSES remove scanned receipts button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I would like to remove the scanned receipts button & the available credit card receipts button in FITE_Expenses.. I know I should be able to do this with the enhancement framework through se80. I am unable to find the view to change. I see receipts_view under fite_vc_receipts but it doesn't have the buttons. Any help will be appreciated.

Robert

Edited by: Robert Moore on Jun 14, 2010 5:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas

once again thanks for your patience in helping with this issue. I ran the application fite_expenses, right clicked on the scanned receipts button. I get the technical information for the UI element. It states the following information:

Application: FITE_EXPENSES

Web Dynpro Component: FITV_FPM

Window Information: FPM_WINDOW

View Information: LAYOUT_VIEW

Configuration ID: FITV_FPM_EXPENSES

Information on Field

Field ID: CAP_ID_OPT_ARC

Type of UI Element: TOGGLE_BUTTON

UI Element Library: STANDARD

I then go to the layout view. I don't see the button. I am perplexed as this is where I first started. I can se the navigation buttons

in the layout view but I don't see the other buttons.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I don't know how much more I can help you here. This component doesn't use the Floorplan Manager framework. I checked and this appliation shipped in ERP 6.0 Ehp2 - the FPM framework didn't exist until NetWeaver 7.01 - which would have been ERP 6.0 Ehp4.

So you don't have FPM based configuration. I looked at the component and it doesn't have these UI elements defined at design time in the layout. It must be dynamically creating them. The WDDOMODIFYVIEW has lots of code it. I'm certainly no expert on ESS/HR Travel, so I can't say what application specific configuration might be possible. The online help for this application does list some IMG configuration (refered to as creatinga trip schema) that allows you to reduce the number of fields. I don't know if this configuration can also apply to the toolbar. You probably need someone with HR specific experience to answer that.

Do you want to make this change for all user types and all expense types? Then you might consider using Administrative Personalization. Just run the application with the additional URL parameter sap-config-mode=X. For example:

http://<full host name>:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/zmho?sap-language=EN&sap-config-mode=X

You can then right mouse click on the button and choose Settings for Current Configuration. You can then make the UI element Invisible. Unlike component configuration, this works regardless of if the UI element is defined at design time or dynamically via WDDOMODIFYVIEW.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas

Thanks! your solution in using the Administrative Personalization worked like a charm. I appreciate your time and patience!

Edited by: Robert Moore on Jun 15, 2010 10:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thomas

I am not talking about the UIBB Preview. we are running 7.01. Here are my steps:

Select the application configuration for fite_expenses

click go to component configuration

i see a screen with component configuration name fitv_fpm and congiguration is fitv_fpm_expenses

click display

next screen has tabs labeled attributes, component-defined, and webdynpro built in.

I do not see any overall screen flow. Thanks for your help and patience.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>When I display, I do not see a screen which displays the layout.

Are you talking about the UIBB Preview? The UIBB preview feature is new in 7.02 and requires the UIBB to implement a particluar interface.

You should still see the overall screen flow of the individual UIBBs as well as the navigation area, toolbars, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thomas

i have looked at the component configuration for fite_expnses. It loks like it calls fitv_fpm_expenses. After watching your video about ABAP UI floorplan manager , I copied fitv_fpm_expenses and made a z copy. When I display, I do not see a screen which displays the layout. I would appreciate any help or hints you could give. Thanks!

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Although called FPM - Component FITV_FPM is not actually a Floorplan Manager Component - therefore the reason you aren't seeing the FPM configuration tool. It looks llike this component follows the FPM design, but doesn't use the reusable FPM components.

The application FITE_EXPENSES isn't configured to run in my system, so I can't recreate this. However I would suggest that you run the application. Right mouse click over the top of the button in question and choose More Field Help. If there is no extended help for the field you will be at the Techincal Information for UI element dialog. This will help tell you which WD Component that this UI element is implemented in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't sure I wanted to use the enhancement framework, I thought this woud be the way to go through the reserach i had done. I will look at the component configuration. I should have stated I have never removed buttons so II am a novice at this issue.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are you sure you want to use Enhancement Framework for this? If you just want to hide buttons, consider component configuration instead. Also if this is a Floorplan Manager based applciation, then the buttons might well be defined in the FPM Component Configuration anyway - which would explain why you don't see them in the view. Consider copying and modifying the component configuration instead.