Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM30 for one Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to grant SM30 authorisation for just one custom table to a handful of users. Can you please help me in how I should do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assign the table to a transaction & grant that transaction. You will not achieve what you want with SM30 without much, much more effort.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assign the table to a transaction & grant that transaction. You will not achieve what you want with SM30 without much, much more effort.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can give him the access to Transaction se16. Use table TDDAT . Maintain the tables u require them to see in authorization object S_TABU_DIS by the groups.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standard way of doing this is to assign the table to an authorisation group, and then give access to this authoriation group

only via object S_TABU_DIS.

But the prefered method would be to create a z transaction(se93), because you wouldn't have to give access to sm30 at all.

Thanks,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishali Patwa,

The Use table mapping with authoriztion group in SE54 transaction. And assign the restricted authorization group to user access in S_TABU_DIS object.

Hope this works for you

Cheers

0 Kudos

Taking the auth group only approach also requires the following to make sure no-one can access the table:

ID all users with table maintenance access and ensure that the new auth group is not assigned via ranges or * values in S_TABU_DIS

Explorer
0 Kudos

Create a parameter transaction based on SM30 (SE93) and assign a unique auth group to the table (SE54) - that's all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishali,

If you want to provide access to SM30 for only one table , then best way would be to create a parameter transaction and provision acecss to this tranasaction.

you can get a lot of info in sdn , on how to ceate a parameter transaction.

Thanks,

Sanketh.