cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delimiter for multiple display fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there any way in MDM so we can change the delimiter for multiple display fields.

Suppose for a lookup table code and description both are display fields.In Data manager when we select main table as our current table ,value in that lookup field will appear as code,description ,but as per the requirement it should be hyphen separated i.e code- description.

Is there any way we can change the delimiter.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

No, there is no way to change the delimiter but I can suggest you some workaround.

Create one more field in same lookup table and mark it as display field. Create one assignment with the expression code&"-"&Description and put it in workflow having trigger action = Record Create and Record Update with Automatic launch action. With this, whenever you modify lookup data i.e. either code or description workflow will automatically update the third filed.

Just check if this fits in your requirement.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

This functionality can be achieved by making a new field property "Calculated" to yes.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu

To add- we also had a similar requirement for replacing comma with a pipe and this was achieved in the Portal UI.

MDM delimiter for display fields is the default one and cant be modified.

best regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

There is no way to configure multiple display field delimeter in MDM.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu