Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB unexpected error -9403 in user renaming

vaclav_jonas2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are copying R/3 system 4.7 named MIP to system ET1 using backup/restore method.

Original system is runing on Linux, new system on Windows 2008. Database is MaxDB on both systems. According to the installation guide "Homogeneous and Heterogeneous System Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP Web Application Server ABAP 6.40 SR1" we want to rename old database user SAPMIP to new name SAPET1. We are trying to use dbmcli command and Database Studio too, but in both cases error "-9403 unexpected error" occurs.

So we changed DEFAULT xuser to username SAPMIP, set parameter dbs/ada/schema=SAPMIP and change default database user to SAPMIP in transaction DB11. System ET1 is now running.

My questions are:

- is there some problem if system ET1 with database ET1 is running with database user SAPMIP and database schema SAPMIP?

- where may be the reason of "-9403 unexpected error"

Thanks

Vaclav Jonas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> - is there some problem if system ET1 with database ET1 is running with database user SAPMIP and database schema SAPMIP?

No.

> - where may be the reason of "-9403 unexpected error"

What command did you enter to rename the user?

What database version are you using?

Markus

vaclav_jonas2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus,

I use command "dbmcli -d ET1 -u control,control u2013uSQL superdba,admin sql_execute rename user SAPMIP to SAPET1". I also try to use "rename user SAPMIP to SAPET1" in Database Studio.

MaxDB version is 7.5.0.051 on original system MIP and 7.7.06.010 in new system ET1.

Vaclav

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Were the system tables loaded before you tried to rename the user?

Markus

vaclav_jonas2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes, it were, using command "dbmcli -d ET1 -u control,control load_systab -u superdba,admin -ud domain". Loading was successful.

Vaclav

vaclav_jonas2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

problem resolved - SAP Note 1297446.

Vaclav

Answers (0)