Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement type issue-Generate HU packing material item in inbound dlv

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using handling unit management with automatic generation of packaging material item in outbound and inbound delivery.

I am facing a problem in inter-company and intra-company STO flows.

For inter-co flow, I create PO doc type NB and an outbound delivery. When I do GI for this, and inbound delivery (EL) gets created. The movement type for generated packing items is 601 in outbound deliveries and 501 in inbound deliveries. That is working fine.

For intra-co flow, I have PO type UB and outbound delivery. When I do GI, again the inbound delivery type getting created is EL and the movement type for generated packing item in inbound delivery is again 501.

According to SAP:

Movement types for stock transfer within a company code:

For the movement types of the generated packaging material items, you use

603 (outbound deliveries) and 605 (inbound deliveries).

Movement types for stock transfers between company codes:

For the movement types of the generated packaging material items, you use

601 (outbound deliveries) and 501 (inbound deliveries).

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, I have some questions.

1. How is the inbound delivery created? VL31n? or SPED output?

2. How is the packing item generated? Is it generated from packing (in inbound delivery)? or is it copied from the replenishment delivery?

If you create inbound delivery manually and then assign HU and generate packing item:

- You can modify the copy routine 510 (FV50C510). You can set your own logic to assign different item category to the packing item. (different item category can be linked to different movement type).

Alternatively:

- you can assign different confirmation control key to intra-company / inter-company STO, so you can assign different confirmation inbound delivery type to different type of STO.

- then maintain different item category determination depending on different inbound delivery type.

- then different item category can be linked to different movement type.

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Harry,

Thanks for the reply.

To answer your questions:

1) Inbound delivery is created using SPED output.

2) Packing item is copied from replenishment delivery.

How can I derive a different inbound delivery type for intra-company and inter-company? In configuration SPRo>Purchasing>Confirmations>Define Internal Confirmation Categories, I can assign only one inbound delivery type to confirmation category LA.

I have already done the other steps mentioned by you:

-Item category determination

-Linking item category to a different movement type

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I think I made a mistake.

I have just found out that it's not possible to assign several confirmation category....

Since you are using SPED output, system calls FM GN_DELIVERY_CRATE to create inbound delivery.

Maybe you need to do modification.

======================================================================

Main Program SAPLV50S

Source code of LV50SF19 64

ENDIF. "^_983945

LIPS-UEPOS = POSNR_UMSETZUNG-NEU.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

• SPE OUTB combination of unchecked -> special case, gn_vwpos is initial

IF XKOMDLGN-VWPOS IS INITIAL AND V50AGL-UCDEL_TO_DEL_COMB IS INITIAL.

GN_VWPOS = XKOMDLGN-VGTYP.

ELSE.

GN_VWPOS = XKOMDLGN-VWPOS.

ENDIF.

======================================================================

Here is where system set USAGE for item category determination.

In standard logic, for PO inbound delivery, it's using 'V' to determine item category.

If you need, maybe you can consider to do modification here to set different USAGE indicator to determine different item category.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How can I derive a different inbound delivery type for intra-company and inter-company? In configuration SPRo>Purchasing>Confirmations>Define Internal Confirmation Categories, I can assign only one inbound delivery type to confirmation category LA.

The use of two different confirmation control keys (one for intracompany STO, another for intercompany STO) is not a solution for you?

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Csaba,

I can use two different confirmation control keys but the link between confirmation control key and the inbound delivery type is via confirmation category. And I can assign only one inbound delivery type to confirmation category LA.

If there is any other way, please let me know.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

I read OSS note 1064271 and as I understand this feature of the system should be set by implementing the note or having the support puakage - I mean as I see this is hardcoded and you don't have to do any configuration for that.

If you already implemented the note / have the suitable SP level, then you should contact SAP and they should repair the system if wrong movement type is determined.

(OSS note 214604 describes how to influence item category determination for inbound deliveries - however I think you should not do this, SAP AG should be the owner of this problem)

/I hope I'm not mistaken /

regards,

Csaba

vijay_singh21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Csaba,

Thanks for the information. The note you mentioned was already implemented. In addition, I implemented note 1424970. It did not help. I think I will contact SAP for this and will keep the forum updated.

Answers (0)