cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the DB2 tools to work

Former Member
0 Kudos

I inherited a system (Solution Manager 700 SP 15) from a colleage and notice now that some DB2 tools do not work. In particular the DB2CC does not find my database. Everything else seems to work.

Also the directories for db2 look different than the ones on a regular Net weaver installation, for example there is a db2 directory with sub directory db2som and this one has another sub directory DB2SOM.

What do I need to do to fix it ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silvia,

About the control centre

Does the DB2 CC exist on the same host with the database?

Have you tried to catalog the database information in the control

centre?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9/topic/com.ibm.db2.udb.admin.doc/doc/t0023737.htm

Regarding the directories, it douns like db2SOM is from some previous installation. Do you have a sid SOM in your landscape or previously had one ?

The easiest way to clean up the directories might be to take a full offline backup, drop the instance and re-install the database and then restore into the newly installed target so they directories should all be clean and only related to the current db instance that you are using.

regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I can launch the DB2 CC but when I open it All systems and all databases are empty.

In db2 list db directory I see my database with the alias SOM. No I have not trid to catalog it in the CC, since I thought, it is already cataloged.

Right now, I do not feel like cleaning up too much, since I am new to this job.

Do you have any suiggestion that does not include deleting things ?

Do you think, the fact that it is a solution manager has any influence ?

thank you, Silvia