cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save space in SOLMAN: archieve/delete unused data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have the problem with free space in database (tablespace PSAP<sid>)

Is there the possibility to save free space in this data file with the following actions?

- delete all EWA, SLA older than 2 monthes

- othe delete/archive actions?

Any helpful information will be very appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

You can reduce the Service sessions for EWA, etc via SAP Note 544790.

Other SAP Notes related to Archiving are 546685 (main note), 1092503, 755938 and 1329247.

This should help.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I assume, db space occupied by EWA and SLA is too small.

DB space used by Bi reporting is a possible "disk-eater", also Business Process Dokumentation and project work..

Former Member
0 Kudos

You've run the EWA/SLR delete report. This will delete records in various tables ... but the space isn't returned to the tablespace. It takes table reorgs for that. Probably offline reorgs too. The space IS available for future EWA/SLR, so if you run the delete report regularly you can expect the space used by EWA/SLR to stabalize somewhat, unless of course if you've deleted 4 years of EWA and decide to keep 6 months. The biggest tables identified by DBACOCKPIT tables and index space analysis (in my SM) are the EWA/SLR data (tables start DSV*), (abap and dynpro) source and load.

I think the java side of SM 7 has some large tables, especially if you run a local SLD. Unfortunately you've already found the only delete program I've ever heard of, and in my SM 7 system that isn't enough to produce a steady state space wise.

Note: I use SM for EWA (abap+java), MOPZ, SM diagnostics and SLD only.

Ken

0 Kudos

Hi Holger, did you check OSS Note 546685?

best regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I already delete all the services (EWA, SLR) till 2010.

Unfortunately I cannot see any changes in tcode DB02OLD.

Should the database/tablespace be reorganized?