cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to remove Batch Management Check in the Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Few day back i have created a batch for material, now i have remove tick from batch management from master, while doing a migo i am getting internally batch no,which i dont want,

Regard

Nabil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Few day back i have created a batch for material, now i have remove tick from batch management from master, while doing a migo i am getting internally batch no,which i dont want,

>

> Regard

> Nabil

Please check this answered link:

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Thnx bro for ur help, but i need to ask if i use this transction is wont harm my system

it depends what you understand under "harm the system".

Archiving deletes the documents from your production system and stores it somewhere else. Usually before one does archiving, a archiving strategy should be in place, and you should know what you want to do with the archived data. In Germany we have to keep the data for 10 years.

And users usually want analyze current data. You cannot do reports and analysis on archived data (for some it is possible, but not for all). so one usually keeps data for a year or 2 in the production system.

Because of this, I would certainly say that archiving harms your processes.

But you only have 2 options:

archiving and keeping existing material number,

or

not archiving and creating a new material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MM74 is a stone age transaction, you should not use these old archiving transactions. Always use SARA transaction for archiving.

In SARA enter MM_SPSTOCK as object and hit enter.

Now you will get some buttons. they represent the usual steps for archiving.

Based on your customizing, you either have to process the deletion step seperatly or it is done in one call (but still 2 individual jobs) with the write step.

I am pretty certain that your customizing - which can be accessed directly from SARA - does not automatically start the deletion job.

Because of this you have to start it manually.

Click deletion button, then button for archive selection.

select the archive you just created with your write job and continue to schedule the deletion job.

The deletion job reads the archive and checks whether the archive can be accessed and read succesfully. And if this is okay then it reads the archive sequentially and deletes the corresponding entry from the MCHA, MCH1 and MCHB tables.

pherasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the existing stock of the material in the plant. If it exist, system will not allow you to remove the tick of batch management in material master. You have to make the stock of the material zero first & then you can remove the tick in material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have made the stock nil, but still i am getting internally batch no while doing migo, i am getting a error in material master

Batch management requirement cannot be changed; choose "Display errors.

regard

nabil

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> i have made the stock nil, but still i am getting internally batch no while doing migo, i am getting a error in material master

> Batch management requirement cannot be changed; choose "Display errors.

>

> regard

> nabil

Please look at the link I have provided earlier. It tells you all the points you need to follow to remove the batch management check in material master.

There are around 5-6 steps to follow. You have just done one step.

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jun 15, 2010 9:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i dont know how to use Tcode mm74, what should i put in variant coloumn, after that what to do, plz help guy

regard

nabil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont use MM74, use SARA instead, look at the last posts in the link. It tells you step by step for use of SARA to archive the batches.

Use SARA first to write and then to delete the batches. Once the batches are deleted from the system, you need to check in Msc3n, whether its deleted, it will give info, that no batch exists in that transaction, which means its successfully deleted through SARA. Then only you can remove the batch management check.

I spend 2 days to get it figured out, you also spend some time on it.

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jun 15, 2010 10:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you explain me what is Sara transaction,but how to use sara transaction, plz help me

regard

nabil

Edited by: sayednabil on Jun 15, 2010 7:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please dont be lazy there. Read the whole thread. It guides you step by step what I have done to get rid of this error. Below quote was done for deleting the archive, you need to write the archive as well through SARA.

MM74 is a stone age transaction, you should not use these old archiving transactions. Always use SARA transaction for archiving.

In SARA enter MM_SPSTOCK as object and hit enter.

Now you will get some buttons. they represent the usual steps for archiving.

Based on your customizing, you either have to process the deletion step seperatly or it is done in one call (but still 2 individual jobs) with the write step.

I am pretty certain that your customizing - which can be accessed directly from SARA - does not automatically start the deletion job.

Because of this you have to start it manually.

Click deletion button, then button for archive selection.

select the archive you just created with your write job and continue to schedule the deletion job.

The deletion job reads the archive and checks whether the archive can be accessed and read succesfully. And if this is okay then it reads the archive sequentially and deletes the corresponding entry from the MCHA, MCH1 and MCHB tables.

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jun 15, 2010 10:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx bro for ur help, but i need to ask if i use this transction is wont harm my system

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Thnx bro for ur help, but i need to ask if i use this transction is wont harm my system

You are just archiving your batches here. Your batches created earlier for the material will get deleted through this transactions. Thats all. No harm to system. Make sure you delete the correct batch through, otherwise there can be a problem.

Once your batches are deleted for the material, then only you can remove the batch management check for the said material. There is no way around.

Even one of our colleagues mentioned, that they have tried SAP program to remove the check, but it did not help them and SAP does not give them any assurity that with that program this check will get removed. So they lost $15,000 for purchase of that program and it didnot do the magic.

So in nutshell, you are getting a good solution free, thanks to my queries and JURGEN help.

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jun 15, 2010 10:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz tell me in variant i should put batch no or material no, for single material i have got 10 different batch number, i have to delete one by one for all batch.

regard

nabil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nabil Bro,

You need to look up the link properly. All your queries are already answered there:

in variant of SARA

enter material number

set a checkmark in box in front of batches

set a checkmark in box in front of inlcude batch records without deletion indicator

set radio button to Production mode

all other fields and boxes shall be kept empty.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

Archiving deletes the documents from your production system and stores it somewhere else. Usually before one does archiving, a archiving strategy should be in place, and you should know what you want to do with the archived data. In Germany we have to keep the data for 10 years.

And users usually want analyze current data. You cannot do reports and analysis on archived data (for some it is possible, but not for all). so one usually keeps data for a year or 2 in the production system.

or

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

or

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

or

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

or

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

or

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maintain the variants for the deletion program first

how to go about for above error.plz help guyz

regard

nabil

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> i have made the stock nil, but still i am getting internally batch no while doing migo, i am getting a error in material master

> Batch management requirement cannot be changed; choose "Display errors.

>

> regard

> nabil

When you get this message, then have a look into the application toolbar. There you find a new button.

Once you click this button, then SAP will display a list of reasons why you cannot change the batch mangment indicator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

in sara transaction first i have click on write tab, then i have mention material no in variant, in maintain tab, i have click on batch and option, in process option i have mark on production mode,Then i have hit start date i have maintain all the column, Then i have maintain spool parameter, but which field i muct mark in Archiving Object-Specific Customizing: Technical Settings. to maintain the variant.

Regard

nabil

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> but which field i muct mark in Archiving Object-Specific Customizing: Technical Settings. to maintain the variant.

>

> nabil

you have to define 2 variants there. one for test run and one for production run.

in the test run variant you flag the box for test run.

in production run variant you dont flag the test run box