cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM2.5 - get data from newly added fields of Notification Create Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

I am working with MAM2.5 and in <b>notification create screen</b> i added new fields .

when user enters data into the new fields i want to get the data to be populated back into the SAP how can i capture the data and fill the corresponding fields in BACKEND. this can be obtained using BADI but i need some help of how to do it

bye

sid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

I am bit confised by your question.

Whenever the user enters data on the client and syncs, it automatically gets populated on the backend, if valid.

Kindly help me to understand your question.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

Thanks for the reply

Whenever the user enters data <b>in the standard fields</b> on the client and syncs, it automatically gets populated on the backend

In my Case I have created some new fields in NOTIFICATION CREATE SCREEN these are not avaliable with standard . Now when the user fills these fields i want these fields in a Ztable in backend through badi

Can u please tell me how an i do this by BADI

bye

sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha!

BADIs are meant for Customer Enhancements in SAP.Similar to User Exits in SAP but more clearly defined interface.BADIs are also available for MAM25 Enhancements.

For your requirement to update the additional custom fields you should have the corresponding BADI Implementation.Use to Transactions SE18 to display the BADI definition and SE19 to create your Own Implementation.

The BADI definition for Notification would be "ALM_ME_010_NOTIF".Display this in SE18 in your backend SAP System.

Then you create your Own Implementation for this BADI in SE19, where you will have a METHOD....ENDMETHOD to write your custom ABAP code to retrieve the custom field values

from your MI Client(MAM) and then update the corresponding tables you need to.

ACTIVATION OF BADI IMPLEMENTATION IS IMPORTANT.

Hope this is clear to you now.Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank You

Gisk

Message was edited by: Sivakumar Ganesan(Gisk)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gisk

I tried writiing my custom ABAP code in ALM_ME_010_NOTIF implementation to retrieve the custom field values from your MI Client(MAM) but with that i am not able to get the values in the fields .

Insted its displaying new fileds in the enhancement link of Notification list display.

Can you please explain me wht to do for getting the new fields from create Screen and any thing else to be done after adding code in BADI.

I also activicated the BADI in MEREP_PD

bye

sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

I am sorry but I have never done any enhancement on MAM application. However, there are 3-4 PDFs available in service.sap.com which you can refer to for MAM enhancements.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rahul

Thank you Rahul I have tried That and then posted this message

Thanks for the replies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha,

Could you pl describe the steps you have completed as per the MAM Enhancement Guide and the result you get.

Also i guess you have activated the BADI in SE19 and i believe it is a typo error " also activated the BADI in MEREP_PD".

If you can tell me where you stand with this development, i could look if i can advice accordingly.

Thank You

Gisk