cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reagrding displaying of error log and synchronization status on mi client

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii all,

I wanted to know that is it possible to view last synchronization result & date on the mi client application, also is it possible to view error log on the mi client application and if so how it can be done.My requirement is i have to show link in my application to show error log detail and at the same time i want to display last sync result & date.

Thanks in advance.

Devendra Kumar Phate

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello deven,

to observe for errors, you have to implement and register

some observers like MessageReplyObserver and SyncReplyObserver. as there names denote, you will get

notification for MessageReply and SyncReply respectively.

see javadoc for details:

https://media.sdn.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/SPS15/me/index.html

jo

kishorg
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Devendrakumar ,

<<<

I wanted to know that is it possible to view last synchronization result & date on the mi client application

>>>

You can try in this way...

MobileEngine.config file is located in the

<Drive>:\Program Files\SAP Mobile Infrastructure\settings

folder.This contains the configuration details of your Mobile Client. APIs are available to read the configuration.

In this Configuration file(just open the file using notepad) , u can see one parameter ..

<b>MobileEngine.Sync.LastSuccessfulSync=<last synced time in time stamp value>..</b>

This parameter will be automatically changed with last Sync time by the SyncRuntime during each sync. But this is the local system time . So u must be sure that your system time is correct..

Controlling the time synchronization is available only from SP16 itself. that is also in the testing stage..(Here during each sync , the system time will be replaced with the server time . So u can centrally control the time. For this u have to configure the SyncService instead of SyncServlet).

Use the <b>com.sap.ip.me.api.conf.Configuration</b> to read the above mentioned configuration parameter..

like this ...

Configuration config = Configuration.getInstance();

String lastSyncTime = config.getProperty("MobileEngine.Sync.LastSuccessfulSync");

You will have to type cast this String variable, with last synced time, into TimeStamb object and hence the time.

So u will get the last synced time and date...

Regards

Kishor Gopinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Devendrakumar Phate

Answer for this is posted earlier pls refer

<b></b>

bye

sid

Award points if u feel this is useful

Message was edited by: Siddhartha