cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

VL01n doesn't consider the safety stock updated in material master. I.e. We have stock of 50 numbers and safety stock in material master in the MRp 2 view is 50nos. System is allowing to do PGI for 5o nos. This should be prevent. What should be done to prevent vl01n from doing pgi for the safety stock.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check what availability check is maintained in MRP3 view of material master. Next go to OVZ9, select this availability check with "A" and execute. There untick the box "Include safety stock".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry the suggestion I gave was system not to consider safety stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even when Tick is available in the material master, System is allowing to make use of the safety stock set in material master. Any additional configuration to be done

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not received reply for my issue. pls help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pooja, the whole idea of safety stock is precisely that it is available for use when required.

If you are not going to use the safety stock, you would be better off not holding it in the first place.

Why do you not want to deliver from safety stock?

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why a safety stock to be maintained . The purpose is to maintain a minimum level of stock and based on customer requirement this safety stock can be released.