cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oralce services problem in windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As iam facing a problem at the time of installation of oracle 10g,when i install 3 services has to be there in services.msc but iam getting only one OracleSID102iSQL*Plus Remaining OracleServiceSID&OracleSID102TNSListener

is not available in the services.msc. Installation went fine and got the final screen oracle installation finished message.

I searched for it in Drive:\oracle\SID\102\BIN its available but its not showing in services.msc,Please suggest me to get into services.

Regards,

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when you install Oracle using SAPSERVER.CMD, it DOES NOT create OracleService[SID]. This is expected.

when you use SAPINST, at some point, it will create an empty database and also create OracleService[SID] Windows service.

This is normal and expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved ..

Regards,

Naveen

Edited by: Naveen N on Oct 12, 2010 12:24 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solvecd after So much R&D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do u intend to do sap installation on it if so it will be done as a part of ur installation when it creates the DB.. or do you wish to have ur database installed first if so here are the two ways of configuring the missing services .

1. Go to Programs>Oracle10gHome> Configuration&Migration tools> Net Manager/Net configuration Assistant

Actually both Net Manager and Net configuration Assistant can be used to create listener .

2. For creation of oracleservicesid under services panel u first need to create an init<sid>.ora (which can be copied from any sample or running DB) make changes on it like control_files ,DB_name etc place under oracle_home/dbs directory.

Then open up ur command prompt and execute the following command by replacing the actual

oradim -new -sid <name> -syspwd <password> -pfile <file_name with path> -startmode auto

Regards

Kausik

Former Member
0 Kudos

other two will be created during SAP installation. GO ahead.