cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query failed jobs in a BLT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there a chance to query failed jobs from a BLT (MII 12.0)? I know that I can use a xml query to read the job history:

/XMII/Illuminator?service=Scheduler&Mode=History&RowCount=1000&id=1001&StartDate=06/10/2010%2000:00:00&EndDate=06/10/2010%2023:00:00

Now for monitoring reasons I would like to have a query that checks if there have been failed jobs in a time range. Adding something like "&Status=FAILED" is ignored.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I think we can perform this using BLS,

1) Using XML Loader Action load the URL

2) Use Repeator then in links use XPath Expression to Filter out Relevant messages based on the Status Field.

I believe the loader works with content-type being "text/xml"

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Edited by: Adarsh Sidnoor on Jun 15, 2010 4:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

thanks for the answer. However, this does not really help because we have a lot of jobs running and do not want to use performance by reading the complete history of every job (some of them running every 2-5 minutes). I am looking for a fast way to just get the failed ones.

Michael

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

How about trying this, I may be wrong but I guess all these messages are being stored in some tables in underlying Netweaver Database. If its possible/feasible to establish connection to the Netweaver DB then a simple SQL query will do the trick.

I am just thinking of other options!!

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adarsh,

I am not allowed to access the NW db ...

As a workaround I have created a customer Error Log and add an entry if any error occurs. This way I know where to look.

Michael