cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message no. CJ725 - Postings have been made for WBS element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In the transaction CJ20N, we create a new project with only WBS elements.

Some WBS elements are actived flagged for « ct asst elem » in the bloc « Operative indicators ».

We create after purchase requisition with the ME21N transaction with an account assignement category « P u2013 project » and relied the purchase requisition to the WBS element.

In the project, the flag « ct asst elem » becomes inactive (gray).

We want to delete now the project (status is always open). At the first step we must delete the purchase requisition relied with the WBS Element. (ME52N -> select item and delete). We change the account assignement to an order for exemple on the purchase requisition.

We will hope that this operation will active the flag « ct asst elem » and that we cant delete the project, but the error message « Postings have been made for WBS element PS/10003-1000 - Deletion not possible » appear (Message no. CJ725) and the flag stay inactive.

The user want delete this project for re-used this Project u2013 ID :

OSS Note : 685387

Component Version : SAP ECC 6.0 Level 17

Thanks for your assistance.

herieric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Herieric,

If you have just posted a PR, you should be able to delete the WBS element.

Please check if you have any other postings to the WBS element, for example in CJI3/CJI5 or directly in tables.

Once you make sure there are no other active postings in your WBS, run CJEN for your project to reconstruct your Project Information Database.

You should be able to delete your WBS/PRoject now.

Please bear in mind that you will not be able to re-use your project/WBS coding if status dependent versions are active. (Check note 529634 for further info)

Hope this helps

Regards

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martina,

For more information, the first error message is :

"There are already plan values for the WBS element PS/10003 - Message no. CJ059" and all the Plan-Based was deleted. Controlled in the report S_ALR_87013533 - Plan/Actual/Commitment/Rem.Plan/Assigned

And after the message : "Postings have been made for WBS element PS/10003 - Deletion not allowed - Message no. CJ725"

comes. I've checked the CJI3 and CJI5 and they are no postings.

I try to run the CJEN and they are no effect.

The project will not be re-used now.

Thanks for your help.

herieric

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Herieric, if you had followed my procedure you would be able to delete the project and re-use the project number....Whatever I have listed out, i tested it many times in my system and then i posted it here...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is the response from SAP :

"when you try to delete a wbs-element physically, the system checks

various tables such as rpsco, cosp, cooi, coka. If there are any

entries existing, the user cannot delete the wbs-element. This is also

relevant when there are entries with value 0 in those tables (i.e. it issufficient that a table entry exists, even if it has value zero).The

same logic also determined whether the account assignment flag is

input-ready or not.

You can use transaction RKACSHOW to display the table entries for the

WBS element and see which entry is responsible for the reported

behaviour.

When you have created purchase orders or purchase requisitions, some

postings are created for the WBS element. When the purchase order or

purchase requisition is deleted, or the account assignment is changed,

the value for the WBS element will be changed to 0. However the entry inthe table still remains and will cause message CJ725 when the user triesto delete the WBS element. For this reason the user cannot delete this

WBS element physically. In this case I would recommend that you set the

status "deletion flag" for the wbs-element intead.

I am sorry that I could not provide you with a more positive reply in

this instance. I hope nevertheless that I was able to help you with thisinformation."

Thanks for your assistance.

herierie

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this steps:

1. After you change the act asgn of PR.

2. Run CJI5 and then see if any commitment cost is available for the project. IF it is available and then run RKANBU01 to correct.

3. Open your project, select all the WBS elements and set the deletion indicator flag and then save it.

4. Again open your project, this time you will see only project defintion and not WBS elements, then select the project definition and then delete it, it will delete the whole project with WBSElements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I dont understand "change the act asgn of PR", but no commitments cost are available through the CJI5, because the purchase requisition is affected now by a cost center.

But it is impossible to unflag the operative indicator "Acct asst elem" because it stay inactive (grey).

Thanks for you help.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What i meant "change acct assgn of PR" is that in your earlier post you mentioned that acct assgn of PR has been changed from WBS to order

We change the account assignement to an order for exemple on the purchase requisition.

You want to delete the project. Am I right?. If so, forget about the act assgn indicator being greyed out, and follow the steps proposed by me. If there is no commitment cost, then skip executing the program, and follow rest of it.

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Jun 14, 2010 3:29 PM