cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I installed EP 6.0 on J2EE 6.3 SP7. When i try to deploy webdynpro application i am getting the following error.I checked in the server and everything seems to be Ok.

<i>Aborted: development component 'Welcome'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2004.10.09.16.39.06':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [cgnsap14] with user name: [Administrator] Check your login information. Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: User not authorized.]

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted</i>

Regards

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudevan,

I found the solution to the problem

The Reason

The administrator user's password is not only stored in the active user store, but also in secure storage in the file system so that certain applications such as the Software Deployment Manager (SDM) can use it to connect to the J2EE Engine.

Therefore, when you change the administrator user's password in the user store, you must also update the entry in secure storage in the file system. Otherwise, the SDM attempts to connect to the J2EE Engine using the old password and you receive the error message mentioned above.

Solution

Use the Config Tool to change the entry in secure storage as follows:

1. Start the Config Tool.

(Execute <SAPj2eeEngine_install_dir> \configtool\configtool.bat.)

1. Select the secure store node.

The configuration for the secure storage in the file system appears.

1. Select the admin/password/<SID> entry.

2. Enter the administrator user's new password in the "Value" field and choose "Add".

3. Choose "File" --> "Apply" to save the data.

1. Finally restart SDM server. Enjoy!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also having exactly the same problem:

<i>

-

Jan 10, 2005 2:20:07 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[003]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : BC354305

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/d:/DOCUME1/kamaba0a/LOCALS1/Temp/temp40349Welcome.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/d:/DOCUME1/kamaba0a/LOCALS1/Temp/temp40349Welcome.ear

Aborted: development component 'Welcome'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2005.01.10.14.20.05':

Caught exception while checking the login credentials for SAP J2EE Engine. Check whether the SAP J2EE Engine is up and running.

com.sap.engine.deploy.manager.DeployManagerException: ERROR: Cannot connect to Host: [BC354305] with user name: [Administrator] Check your login information. Exception is: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NamingException: Exception while trying to get InitialContext. [Root exception is com.sap.engine.services.security.exceptions.BaseLoginException: User not authorized.]

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

-

</i>

And yes I am able to connect to the J2EE Engine on host BC354305 with the admin tool using the Administrator's account and the password.

I have the following settings:

1. Windows > Preferences > Java development Infrastructure > Development Configuration pool = http://rolo:50400. (This is The JDI Server)

2. Windows > Preferences > SAP J2EE Engine = SAP J2EE Engine is installed on local host.

Thanks,

Bakor Kamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasu,

Are you able to connect to the J2EE Engine on host cgnsap14 with the admin tool using the Administrator's account and the password that you have entered in the IDE?

Kind Regards

Vyara