Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Domain Controller in Solution manager

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have configured ChaRM successfully for ECC and BI system landscapes, by creating domain links between Solution Manager domain controller and individual domain controllers for ECC and BI systems. Now, we are planning to go for a central domain controller (Solman Domain Controller) for all the satellite systems. So basically, we plan to move the individual domain controllers from ECC and BI to solman domain controller and i guess there will not be domain links required anymore.

With regards to above scenario, please help me with below queries:

1 - Will the above strategy work with chaRM or not

2 - If yes, what are the activities that would be required to be redone in satellite system and solman system

3- Any critical pre-requisites that needs to be checked before we can start this exercise

Please help me with the above queries. Appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes, you could use solman to be set as the main domain controller; either way with domain links, please kindly have a look

at this expert blog by our Charm expert;

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2008/07/26/first-steps-to-work-with-change-request-management-scenario

On transport group matters , you may want to visit this blog, on point no. 3

https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/cs/junior/view/wlg/15116

Hope this helps.

Cheers

SH

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SH,

Thanks for your qucik response and inputs. I already went through the Blog by Dolores and in that blog, it was demonstrated using different domain controllers for solman and satellite system. But, nevertheless, i guess based on your response, we can continue with our proposal of having one central domain controller for both solman and satellite systems.

For point. 3, the link to blog is asking for user ID and password and i am unable to login with my S-user credentials. Does this need seperate login to be created. Also is it possible to summarize the main steps from that blog.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry about that, could please try this link ?

/people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/22/change-request-management-scenario-usual-questions-and-known-errors

Hope this helps.

cheers

SH

Answers (0)