Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency in form

jlsim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a question that hope you guys can help me with. I have a table in a form, it has a column displaying price and another column contains the currency. I need to display the price column with the currency sign depending on the currency column. It is possible that different row might have different currency. How do i bind dynamically the currency to the price column?

I am using Lifcycle designer version 8.01.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should do it at context level. Create a different attribute for price with currency field , and fill the data by concatenating the price and currency symbol based on your currency. Now bind this attribute to your Price column.

Regards

Ravindra

jlsim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Meaning i need to preformat the price string then. No other way to do it dynamically?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dynamically aIso I don't think there is any way to set two different attribute values into a sigle column without merging them into single context.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) use a currency field

2) open your LCD F1 help, search for patterns

3) read about the patterns and use the proper pattern to display the currency for you

Regards Otto

jlsim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Thanks.

Let me just confirm what you suggesting...

1. have both the price column and the currency column.

2. Use javascript to read the currency column and based on that dynamically set the pattern for the price column. And i believe i need to set the locale as well to get the currency symbol displayed correctly?

I am new to scripting, may i know where is the best place to place this script, which object and which event?