Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Portal Using Firefighter ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am working as a Security admin .

I have mapped the CRM user to the firefighter ID . The fire fighter ID has the portal roles. The CRM user dont have any portal roles.

Fire Fighter version is 5.2

My question:

Can the CRM user enter into the portal using the fire fighter ID and use all the roles fire fighter id has?

If he can enter can he use the FIre fighter ID and Password as the login id and password?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank/ Varun,

Thanks for the replies

Can we access the CRM portal like a XI portal which can be done using a ABAP transaction.

If we can do that i think we can access the CRM portal using a firefighter ID.

Please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem on my client and we used a transaction "WUI_SSO" that pass the logon information to the CRM Web the only problem is that you need to have the EHP1 (Enhancement package 1) to have this transacion availabe.

Regards,

Rodrigo Carneiro - SAP CRM Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

We are facing issue for t-code WUI_SSO too,as it asks for logon in that t-code too,how does it worked for you ? Have you implemented User Exit for Fire-Fighter in your CRM system?

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Firefighter is an ABAP application and you can use to login only to ABAP based systems using Firefighter id. This will not work for portal login.

Regards, Varun

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Short answer: no.

- Firefighter is an ABAP only functionality right now

- you don't have the password for the Firefighter ID

The only way to do that would be to spawn a web UI from an ABAP session with SSO somehow...

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the response

We will set a initial password for fire fighter ID . can't we use that for logging into the portal.

"The only way to do that would be to spawn a web UI from an ABAP session with SSO somehow..."

You mean that when we log into the portal from ABAP then we can use Fire fighter ID right. Thats possible in XI.

Is that the same in CRM portal can we log into the CRM portal using a ABAP transaction.

Plesae answer

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Firefighter changes the password of the user in each session, so you will definitely not have the right password.

Unfortunately I don't know enough about CRM to answer your other question - but I guess that's something you can quickly try yourself. (Even if it works - not sure what will then be logged in the CRM session...)

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Do you mean automatically fire fighter itself changes its password for each user session .

I dont think its going to happen the administrator will do that