Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to execute 2 mappings in sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My scenario is RFC to JDBC.

At the JDBC side, i have 2 mappings to execute one after another where source structure in both mapping is same but with 2 different target structures.

So in Interface Determination i have 2 inbound interfaces and 2 interface mappings which should execute in the order I have specified, so I checked the Qos Maintain Order at Runtime.

However when i check this checkbox it doesnt work. When i uncheck it , it works fine. But the order is not maintained always of the 2 mappings.

I want to maintain the order of the mapping, how can i achieve it, please help.

Regards,

Loveena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I have created 2 different mappings and 2 different Interface mappings and specified these in the Interface Determination.

However when i check the checkbox Maintain Order at runtime, it doesnt work. when i uncheck this checkbox it works.

but the order of the 2 mappings are not always maintained at runtime.

Please help.

Regards,

Loveena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

However when i check the checkbox Maintain Order at runtime, it doesnt work. when i uncheck this checkbox it works.

but the order of the 2 mappings are not always maintained at runtime.

When u specify Maintain Order at runtime, it means that the messages are to be send in EOIO, as per ur Operation mapping sequence. But the proble is EOIO uses a queue and if one message fails then all the subsequent messages in the queue also fails. So u shold be using this option only if u want like above condition.

If there is no impact on the sequence of message processing u can DESELECT this option.. and it will work.

If still nt solved i have better Idea.. go for multi mapping....

single source and mutiple targets.. use java or Graphical mapping...

Babu

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
At the JDBC side, i have 2 mappings to execute one after another where source structure in both mapping is same but with 
2 different target structures.
Yes I have created 2 different mappings and 2 different Interface mappings and specified these in the Interface Determination.

Why are you having two different Interface Mappings?

Should you not have 1:2 mapping?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Can you tell me how do i achieve Multi mapping?

Regards,

Loveena

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

REFER BELOW BLOG.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have 2 mappings to execute one after another where source structure in both mapping is same but with 2 different target structures.

U plz try like this...

1.If the output of 1st mapping is input of the second mapping then....

In operation/interface mapping u will have only one sender and receiver interface.

While specifying the mappings u want to use, specify them in sequence... u can mix different types of mappings.

But please note that the o/p of 1st mapping will be i/p of ur 2nd mapping.. and so on.

*2.If the output of 1st mapping is NOT input of the second mapping then....*

It means that u have one source and u need to execute 2 MM(Message mappings) and OM(Operation Mappings) and also two messages are flowing to the target...

So now plz create 2 different MM and 2 different OM.

In Receiver Detarmination Specify 2 receivers u want to send these messages.

Now if 2 receivers are same then???? u specify both the OM in Interface Determination.....

I hope this will solve ur doubt.. if still nt clear ... do post...

Babu