cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales area bp01 is not defined for customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Need help, I am trying to setup STO and I did all the settings on SD side, but I am getting error :Sales area BP01 is not defined for customers when I am trying to create customer in XD01, help will be rewarded.

regards,

Neo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to define and assign the DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS & DIVISION to the respective SALES ORGANISATION

Please check the transaction code OVXG in which we will set up the required sales area

Please check and revert back

thanks,

santosh

bhushnde1
0 Kudos

Thank you.

This resolved the issue

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you are through with defining Sales Area

Now Maintain Common distribution channel and common division. common distribution channel and division helps in sharing master data effectively. it will be painful process to define a customer at all these areas. Instead, it will be wise to create a common distribution channel and division. this can be used as a ref distribution channel and division fo other distribution channe land divisions. Then the master data can be effective shared.

> IMG - SD - Master Data - Define common division and distribution channel.

Extend the sales area by creating a new customer in the sales area with reference. Under reference sales area give he reference sales afrea where it is maintained and save the customer record.

Hope this will assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you help Jp,

Can you guide me in more detailed manner, I am trying to create customer using Account group:Plnt

Sales Organization :bpo1

Distribution Channel: 03

Division: 01

Regards,

Neo

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First maintain

Common DC by using tcode VOR1

Common DIV by using tcode VOR2

Then Use Tcode XD01/VD01,

There provide your desired

-Account group

-Customer (don't provide any thing, if internal number in maintain in your account group )

-Company code (in case of Tcode XD01)

-Sales Organization

-Distribution Channel

-Division

If is an existing customer then extend the customer.

Follow the above steps by using tcode XD01 & VD01. Only difference:

Provide desired existing customer number in customer field and provide desired details.

And provide reference field form existing customer (Customer, Company code, Sales organization, Distribution channel, Reference division)

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Go in XD01 and maintain the sales area like. XD01 ---> Company Code --> Sales Organization ---> Distribution Channel ---> Division for your customer.

Regards,

Sandip