cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Note to be editable in approval process of the shopping cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

can you please help me understand, whether in SRM 7.0 (Classic) the internal note can be made editable for the approver during the approval process of the shopping cart? The motivation is, to give the approver the possibility, to send information across to the R/3 follow on document. This information than should be red by the purchaser.

Thank you very much for any pointers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1481972 - Internal Note is editable when the Simplified SC is approved

IT HELPS.

Muthu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i have been working on one idea in this regard. I went to the table "Define Text Schema" under the "Text Schema" node in the cross application basic settings. There, in the "changable" column, i have selected "By Workflow User in Display Mode" for internal note, in order to achieve a situation in which the approver can put a note to the "internal note" during approval process.

Unfortunately this did not change anything. Can you maybe assess whether this was not the right thing to do?

And there is one other idea that i have. In my system, the description text of a catalog item (punch out catalog) is getting copied into the "internal note" field, in case you put a catalog item in your sc. Can that be the reason why it is not possible to get to a situation in which the internal note field gets editable during approval process (I mean in such a case it would be theoretically possible to go into the internal note field and chage the description of the catalog item.....but that description is actually coming from the catalog vendor...).?

Can also anyone help me unterstand, where it could have been configured, that the item description of the catalog item will be copied to the internal note field in the SC?

Thank you very much.

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

So the requirement is to copy the note from approval to the internal text of the order in the backend. Why not use the already available textarea that has been specifically designed by SAP for approval notes?

Use the BBP_LONGTEXT_BADI (don't know the exact name) to copy the approval note to the internal text.

--

During transfer of the item copying the description to the internal text field isn't standard. So check for any implementations of BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER badi (or BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI and method BBP_SC_CHANGE).

Regards,

Robin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dima

implement note 1277921, and then following the guidelines for the manual customisation changes outlined in that note,

it is possible to customise your system so that some changes by the approver are allowed.

Regards

Lauren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following up on Lauren's suggestion, here is a note (of recommendation) that is more specific to your requirement:

Note 1397861 - Approver cannot add supplier text or internal note

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

as per Business /SAP rules after approving the cart , REQUESTER should not get CHANGE button and not to edit any data.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought the original question was "whether in SRM 7.0 (Classic) the internal note can be made editable for the approver during the approval process of the shopping cart?"

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry Jay. you are correct. I did not read question properly.

Muthu

summer_wang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you have BADI bbp_ui_control_badi~bbp_sc_ui_ctrl activated which affected the flag input_ready.

Best regards.

Summer