cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best practice for invoice posting inSRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

what is the best practice for posting an invoice? Is it in SRM system or MM system? In SRM, the system allows one to use approval procedure for invoice posting; wheras in MM, one cannot use the apporval procedure to post an invoice. similar is the case, in SRM-SUS and MM-SUS scenario?

I would appreciate if you can feedback on the industry practice.

thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen and Muthu,

Thanks for your opinion on the best practices for invoice posting. I have also worked on ECC invoice posting MIRO and MIRA. However, when it comes to resolving invoice exception, I do not take it as very responsive.

How is the industry response to the SAP invoice management powered by open text? I have gone through few documents on invoice management and see it in SRM 6.0. I find it as an excellent tool for resolving invoice exception and duplicate invoice detection.

It is also an excellent step to get rid of paper based invoices through OCR technology.

SAP Invoice management can be integrated to both SAP SRM and ECC as well.

I would appreciate your feedback or veiw on the SAP invoice management by Open text?

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My reply is a bit late but I only saw this post now. But what I am interested in is where did you find that SAP Invoice Management could be implemented in SRM. As far as I know it as an addon for ECC, not SRM.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Better late than never :). Yes, you are right. SAP Invoice management is implemented as an add-on to ERP.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ranjan,

As a SAP customer we use invoice entry in ERP using MIRO and FB60 as these are the most efficient for our busines.

1. Invoice entry using MIRO tcode is faster as it can be done with minimal use of the mouse. Invoice entry is slower in SRM as browser response and interactions with the backed ERP system slows the systems reponse to the user input. Repeated use of a mouse in the SRM browser is detrimental to fast input.

2. Not all types of invoices can be handled in SRM e.g. Invoice without PO.

3. We process approx 20,000 invoices per month with multiple input operators, SRM could not handle that sort of load.

4. SRM is really a procurement application and although invoice entry is included it is probably more for users who wish to use SRM in a stand alone scenario. We use extended classic so all our financial transactions take place in the ERP backend.

Your choice also depends upon the number and quality of the invoices you plan to process, and the need for the operators to be trained on one or two systems.

Hope these personal observations assist with your decision

Regards

Allen

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. MIRO Invoice verification (Front END Validation ) is very GOOD.

2. Most customer prefer to do invoice in ECC system rather than SRM

Muthu