cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM 7.1 Vendor Number and key mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are importing data for vendors whcih DO NOT have any VendorNumber now. (they have some the VendorNumber but not one which can be used in the field Vendor Number.)

We have to generate the VendorNumber during oar - better - after the import.

There is not problem creating is after the import with a simple assigmment statemen which contains some rules.

So far so good.

The pitfall in creating the number AFTER the import is that NO remote keys are generated.

Any idea how to create these keys AFTER or DURING import IF hte venoder number is assigned during or after import?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

For creating vendor numbar after import you can use numbar range or quaalified number range.You have to enable key mapping "Yes" and define number range in remote system propeties.If your Number range is dependent on vendor account group or any other lookup field you can set qulalified number range.

So whenever you import record using remote system it will automatically generate number for the field.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hints,

I did the following

Remote System A is configured as

key mapping yes, range = 100000 ... 199999

The source field "VendorNumber" I mapped to the target "VendorNumber"

A clone of "VendorNumber" I mapped to "Remote Key"

nothing happens. still no key mapping, no vendornumber. Remember "VendorNumber" in the source is empty.

I tried also:

The source field "VendorNumber" is not mapped

A clone of "VendorNumber" I mapped to "Remote Key"

BTW: If put a value into "VendorNumber" in the source everything works in case 1.

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try by mapping original Vendor number field to Remote Key and clone vendor number to vendor number field of the repository.

Also make sure you have selected correct remote system while connecting to Import Manager.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I did, but I think I see another problem.

I had to define a match which was done on two fields in the source: zioCode and searchTerm in addition to Remote Key.

I removed all the matching fields but [Remote key] and it works but it puts all records into one!!!

And it does not create a vendor number. It is clear to me because vendor number is <NULL> in the repository and in the source. so the mapping works <NULL> to <NULL>, no chance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you able resolve the Issues,I am facing same Problem.Please let me know if you have answer.

Thanks,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lutz-Peter,

Any idea how to create these keys AFTER or DURING import IF the venoder number is assigned during or after import?

During Import, if you have local keys for each of these remote system, you can maintain it using Remote key concept.

But you must have one Matching field(Global ID) for this. Since you are creating Vendor key centrally in MDM using MDM Data Manager. Are you exporting data to different remote systems after creating Vendor number centrally in MDM(which can acts as Global ID) If yes then after data created into Remote systems, you can bring Local ID of remote system with this Global ID during import. 1stly, for this your main table property Key Mapping = yes should be enabled in MDM console.

So during import you should open MDM Import Manager by selecting required Remote system, you will get one more field in target Remote Key, map this target field with with source Local ID field along with other fields like Global ID etc. So in this you will have your Remote Key for Remote systems.

However Remote Keys depends on how are you creating Local ID(remote Keys) for remote systems, i mean in Remote systems itself or through MDM Syndicator using Remote system Key Generation concept.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini