cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MMC SnapIn ERROR when installing NW

Former Member
0 Kudos

NW:SAPNWABAP701SR1_TRIAL

Error when I'm trying to install NW on my laptop.

I found where it goes wrong in sapmmcX86u.log

Product: SAP MMC SnapIn -- This installation does not support 64 Bit Windows Operating systems. Please use the corresponding 64 Bit installation package.

Since I have read some other threads says they succeeded in installing NW to a 64bit OS, I don't want to change os, that will cause to much trouble.

Anyone can give some suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have pass this step by installing MMC manually using sapmmcX64u.msi

but I stuck at the step of installing Maxdb

Actually there ARE files of MMC or Maxdb for 64bit OS in the setup folder, but the wizard just cannot find it !!!

I solve the former problem by pointing to sapmmcX64u.msi instead of sapmmcX86u.msi, but Maxdb failed me whatever I try.

Files of Maxdb for 64bit OS is in "%\SAPNWABAP701SR1_TRIAL\MaxDB_77_SP6_Build07_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64", but whatever it goes to "%\SAPNWABAP701SR1_TRIAL\MaxDB_77_SP6_Build07_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386"

I tried for a whole day and finally give up, SAP should organize their product better.

Or who can tell me how to pass this step manually?

Best Regards

Raymond

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Actually there ARE files of MMC or Maxdb for 64bit OS in the setup folder, but the wizard just cannot find it !!!

> I solve the former problem by pointing to sapmmcX64u.msi instead of sapmmcX86u.msi, but Maxdb failed me whatever I try.

> Files of Maxdb for 64bit OS is in "%\SAPNWABAP701SR1_TRIAL\MaxDB_77_SP6_Build07_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64", but whatever it goes to "%\SAPNWABAP701SR1_TRIAL\MaxDB_77_SP6_Build07_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386"

So copy the files from MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64 to MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386 but preserve the LABEL.ASC.

> I tried for a whole day and finally give up, SAP should organize their product better.

Well - this is certainly not SAPs fault. You're installing a 32bit instance on a 64bit OS which is neither officially supported nor for the trial. If you read the documentation mentioned within the login files you'll see that you should use a 32bit system. If you're trying neverless on a 64bit then you yourself have to deal with the issues.

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Product: SAP MMC SnapIn -- This installation does not support 64 Bit Windows Operating systems. Please use the corresponding 64 Bit installation package.

>

> Since I have read some other threads says they succeeded in installing NW to a 64bit OS, I don't want to change os, that will cause to much trouble.

You would need to get a 64bit kernel from the service marketplace, exchange the files and retry.

Windows 7 is not supported anyway for those installations since Windows 7 is based on the same kernel as Windows 2008 R2 which is not yet supported.

Markus