cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ERP 6.0 EHP 4 compoment selection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed Solution Manager 7.0 EHP 1 with SP 23 updated the CR content of SLD to latest.

While upgrading i have added ERP system to product ERP 6.0 server it is giving a warning a newer version is available.

I have update the ERP 6.0 ehp-4 to latest SP stack SP6 with Technical usage of Central Application,DIMP and HCM.

Now my query is to which product i need to assign this, if i assign same to ERP Enhance package no waring is coming but if i am assigning to ERP 6.0 warning message occurs.( Newer Version is available)

If i have to assign to ERP EHP which products do i need to select.

please advise

Mazher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Guys.. Got clarity on which product i need to assign.

I have assigned to SAP ERP Ehance package and logical system used is Central Applications.

Edited by: Mohammad Mazher Qasier on Jun 19, 2010 10:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mazher,

The Assignment should be the EHP version. But, Why do you want it to be assigned to a older verion. Yes, in case you have assigned it to a logical component and used it on a solution, the assignment can cause some issues there. So, In such cases, Reassign the logical component version too and correct the landscape.

since the software components now will be update now to of EHP its always best to have the newer version, so you are not misleaded in the landscape and its easier to identify the system assignment and Mapping.

Note: If you still want to use the ERP6.0 component itself, Remove the leading component (active), so that, you can have duplicate entries both in ERP6.0 and EHP.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jagan,

Thanks for reply.

It is a new so not worried about logical component but my concern is which component need to be added to for ERP 6.0 EHP 6 ,

What should be main component as i have selected technical usage of HCM,Central Applications,Financial s etc

Now i have selected Abap technology for EHP is it ok?

Regards

Mazher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mazher,

SAP ERP ENHANCEMENT PACKAGE should be the product version and You can choose ABAP system as relevant ABAP comp, also make sure that, you also select all other components involved as main instance as relevant from selection of main instance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jagan

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check notes 1344564 and 1429764! Both give advice counter to your recomendation

In theory, the correct assignment of product version is:

- Leading product: SAP ERP 6.0

- Additional product: EHP4 for ERP 6.0

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

DoloresCorrea
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo