cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from webmethods to SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need some information on migrating webmethods to PI 7.1.

We have our interfaces currently working in webmethods which call webservices in SAP.Currently legacy systems call SAP webservices through webmethods which we would like to migrate to PI 7.1.

Could I get some information on how to proceed with this?

1.Could I get the overview

2.Can I import the same structure and mappings into SAP PI?

3.Do I need to recreate the mappings or use the same from webmethods ..if they are XSLT mappings?

4.Can I use the mapping transformation done in webmethods ?

Any thoughts would be of great help

Thanks,

C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out my blog for more info

/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2010/06/16/points-to-remember-while-working-on-migration-projects-web-methods-sap-bc-to-sap-xipi

Regards,

Raj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I need some information on migrating webmethods to PI 7.1.

> We have our interfaces currently working in webmethods which call webservices in SAP.Currently legacy systems call SAP webservices through webmethods which we would like to migrate to PI 7.1.

>

> Could I get some information on how to proceed with this?

>

2 years back i worked on one migration project from WebMethods to SAP PI 7.1

> 1.Could I get the overview

> 2.Can I import the same structure and mappings into SAP PI?

> 3.Do I need to recreate the mappings or use the same from webmethods ..if they are XSLT mappings?

> 4.Can I use the mapping transformation done in webmethods ?

>

> Any thoughts would be of great help

1)Only XSLT Mapping program can be reused in PI7.1,most of the times without change, sometimes it required change when you have java functions in XSLT Mapping.

Adjust your XSLT mapping programs compatible to without using XML TOOL kit option in Operation mapping.

2) To understand the web methods flow , you should have some basic /medium level of knowledge , then you can easily understand the mapping logic implemented in Web Methods.

3) When you developing interface use Web methods for only mapping logic, donu2019t try to implement the same design what developed in Web Methods. Think PI prospective. The way web methods execute interface is differ compare to PI (execution process).

4)If any java services existing in current web method interfaces, you canu2019t use the same as java mapping program in PI,in web methods we can perform state full operation from java services in web methods. But in PI it is strictly avoided performing state full operation like retrieving the data/sending data to Data base using Java map.

5) If your client forcing you to use XSLT mappings then only use, else implement the same logic using GUI mapping in PI.

6) Connecting to SAP systems and non SAP system use Adapters in PI,it is very easy . Follow standard way of communication using PI ,donu2019t try to copy from Web METHODS.

Thanks and Regards,

Raja Sekhar