cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Installing SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to build SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode System. But during installation the Unicode option is default and we are not able to uncheck that option since it is in gray. As an alternative I have tried to install SCM 5.0 Non-Unicode and upgrade to SCM 5.1, Unexpectedly I cant find Installation Master at Service Market Place with SCM 5.0. I have tried to install SCM 5.0 with NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 Installation Master but it is taking to the same issue of Unicode option. what is the correct sequence of upgrade SCM 4.1 to SCM 5.1 or SCM 5.0 to SCM 5.1 for Non Unicode system?

Since we compulsory need to install SCM 5.1 Non Unicode System for our product matrix to support our customers with their issues. Please suggest/ provide a solution for this problem soon.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Since we compulsory need to install SCM 5.1 Non Unicode System for our product matrix to support our customers with their issues. Please suggest/ provide a solution for this problem soon.

Non-Unicode systems are depreacted and should no longer be installed, for systems with Java frontends like SRM with a portal it's not even supported any more (Note 975768 - Deprecation of Java features with non-Unicode Backend).

Why does your customer insist of having a non-Unicode SRM system if it's a new installation?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Closed?.... why didn't you answer to Markus advice instead of opening a new thread for the same issue?

Regards

Juan