cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Installing SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to build SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode System. But during installation the Unicode option is default and we are not able to uncheck that option since it is in gray. As an alternative I have tried to install SCM 5.0 Non-Unicode and upgrade to SCM 5.1, Unexpectedly I cant find Installation Master at Service Market Place with SCM 5.0. I have tried to install SCM 5.0 with NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 Installation Master but it is taking to the same issue of Unicode option. what is the correct sequence of upgrade SCM 4.1 to SCM 5.1 or SCM 5.0 to SCM 5.1 for Non Unicode system?

Since we compulsory need to install SCM 5.1 Non Unicode System for our product matrix to support our customers with their issues. Please suggest/ provide a solution for this problem soon.

Thanks,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See also the same question from you yesterday:

Markus

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Since we compulsory need to install SCM 5.1 Non Unicode System for our product matrix to support our customers with their issues. Please suggest/ provide a solution for this problem soon.

Non-Unicode systems are deprecated and unsupported and should not be installed any more (see http://service.sap.com/PAM).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I know SAP does not recommend Non-Unicode systems any more for the new installations, but we have the requirement for Non-Unicode system. Our customers using our product matrix on SCM 5.1 NU system. So to support them and test their issues we need to build SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode system immediately. I think you understood my problem now. Now please help with any solution.

Thanks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I know SAP does not recommend Non-Unicode systems any more for the new installations, but we have the requirement for Non-Unicode system. Our customers using our product matrix on SCM 5.1 NU system. So to support them and test their issues we need to build SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode system immediately. I think you understood my problem now. Now please help with any solution.

The only way is to create an OSS call (BC-INS) and ask for a specific media kit that supports a NUC installation. I'm still not sure why you want your customer to test your product matrix in an unsupported (not only not recommended) environment.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

This for those customers who upgraded their Old SCM Non-Unicode Systems to SCM 5.1 and using our Product matrix. Anyway I have installed SCM 5.0 Non-Unicode and upgrading it to SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode.

Thanks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This for those customers who upgraded their Old SCM Non-Unicode Systems to SCM 5.1 and using our Product matrix. Anyway I have installed SCM 5.0 Non-Unicode and upgrading it to SCM 5.1 Non-Unicode.

well - in that case your customers run unsupported software.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you can find the SCM 5.0 SR2 installation kit, it has the option to select or deselect unicode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no SRM 5.0 SR2 Installation kit on the Market Place as I checked. There is only SCM 5.0 SR3 that too no installation Master available only Upgrade master is available. Could you please tell me where I can get SCM 5.0 SR2 on Market Place any link?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you talking about IDES Installation of SCM 5.0 SR2?. I need regular installation kit not IDES version. Please help with any link.

Thanks.