cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Attach file/document in service desk message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am unable to attach any file/document in service desk message that i am creating

Can you please guide me what authorization object i need to add and what value to be given so that when a user creates a message can also attach a file along with.

I am sure that it is an issue of some authorization only

Thanks

Vishrut Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you getting the authorization error while attaching the documents. Check the link for details regarding http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/0a/f12c41ab78f66fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply but i am aware of this.

Roles are given correctly but when i go to help > create support message and fill up details then i click on the add file button select file and click on OPen then i get the message in status line as " The function <upload> is not possible for this document". i dont get any message on authorization.

I have go live in 10 days and have to implement this and stuck up at this point only.

Thanks for your support.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check if AI_SDK_FILL_FILE_TYPE_TABLE is scheduled as a job in your system, as recommended by the SPRO documentation. This program updates the file type tables AISDK_FILETX and AISDK_FILETY. Please also check if these tables are missing entries or empty.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thank you so much

I am able to do the same using sap all profile from a satellite system but with a normal user with basic role i am not able to do it from that same satellite system.

So i feel there's something related to role n autho.. so if you have any idea what could be that auth object ?

Regards

Vishrut Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Thank you all for trying to help me in resolving the issue

I have finally found a solution.

Yes it was regarding the authorization only.

in short i will finish for now by saying add the object s_gui with value 60 in a basic role given to all users of that satellite system from which an end users is logging a call over support desk.

i will soon put up a detailed document what all are minimum object with values required to successfully register a call with restrictions too and not a liberal access. still any body can write me on before i put my document open to you all.

Thanks once again

Regards

Vishrut Shah

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shah,

can you re-do the test (with limited roles: not SAP_ALL) and run transaction SU53 right after.

If that's an authorization object that you re actually missing you ll see it displayed on the first screen

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi khalil

Ya i have checked out after removing sap all.

I just added the basic role to user in satellite system and then added the auth object s_gui with value 60 in basic role

and

have given the sap_suppdesk_create role in solution manager to same user.

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shah,

are you nt you trying to upload by any chance an Office 2007 document. If that s the case; it might not work for all the .docx , pptx...

Change extension to .doc and try again

Keep us updated

Regards

Khalil