cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird STMS issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a weird STMS issue in my BW 7.01 system. My Development system was configured as my domain controller. I deleted the TMS configuration on it, and on all other systems within the landscape too. Next, I tried to configure a new Domain in my Development system, I got the error message: SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC; but this is not the issue, I found Note 1412609 which sounds like it will resolve this particular issue.

The real issue is this: In order to implement the Note I have to use SNOTE, which requires a transport; no surprise there. However, when I click on the create transport icon the "target" field is pre-populated with the values of my old transport route config (which used CTC). If I try to save this transport as is, I get the error message "Extended transport control is not active: Cannot specify target client". The only way I can get pass this point is to remove the entry in order to save.

Once I get pass that I'm taken back to the transport prompt where my newly created transport number is displayed I have to click on the check-mark in order to proceed, but when I do I get the following message: "Choose a change request with target system QAB.800"

So the system is automatically assigning a "target" system in one screen, but not allowing me to use it, and in the other screen its requiring me to use the previously unallowable target. Not sure what to make of this.

Jose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jose,

Resolution must be the recreating transport routes .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gagan,

Becuase I delete the TMS settings as my first step, I have to create the domain in order to recreating the TMS settings to previous config, but I get "SAPSQL_ARRAY_INSERT_DUPREC" when trying to create the Domain.

This leads me back to the Note I mentioned in my original message, which I can not apply becuase I'm asked to create a transport by the system; which brings me right back to the issue at hand...its catch-22.

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will do , you need to add as a local object and then create request

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

So the system is automatically assigning a "target" system in one screen, but not allowing me to use it, - the reason for this is your previous STMS configuration is still existing and not removed completely.

And as it is not completely removed it is still having the primary key value as QAB.800.

Can you remove your STMS configuration and then reconfigure it.

Regards,

Amber S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amber,

I'm of the same opinion, the old configuration is still lingering some where; but as to your suggestion, I deleted the STMS settings prior to getting to this issue (STMS -> Environment -> Delete TMS).

Is there a program I can run or tables I can purge of the old settings. I even went as far as removing the TMS settings from /usr/sap/trans/bin. Nothing seems to work.

Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recreate/deete transport routes sometime deletion of STMS will not help.

Regards,