cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to find the correct Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there another way to find a CUID of a Universe than looking at properties in CMC? I was thinking there was a way to find it in Designer, but I am not finding it. It's a long story, but I think an older version of my universe got exported and migrated to our new environment, but I think I have a newer copy backed up somewhere, but I'm not sure. I was trying to go by date, but I think the dates have gotten mixed up. And I can't remember the exact changes (there were several iterations).

Fortunately it is a test Universe and Reports, but I hate to start over!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try Using @variable Function "UNVID" you can find the ID the of Universe. You can also find the ID in CMC next to Universe Object, rollover the mouse cursor you can see it at status bar the ID value.

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul,

Only problem is that the Universes that I wanted to check for CUID were not in CMS. They were associated with the old CMS that is no longer available.

Actually now that I have thought about it some more, I think I did need to go by date, because I realized that the CUID would not change, would it, if you simply make changes in the Universe, and export it (not a "save as") So they are all going to likely have the same CUID.

My problem now is I am getting the "Universe belongs to another CMS" error. I have read some crazy work-arounds for this, so I will keep researching, and I may try one of the workarounds if I find no other way.

I am just going to consider this as a resolved issue, since it is now a different issue.

Thanks for your help!