cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Catalog 3.0 Image display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, there are two ways to load images into MDM.

First, load images into repository through Data Manager.

Second, load image URL's and host images on a web server.

I believe storing images in MDM repository can consume space and cause performance problems. Is it better to use URLs?

My question is if I use Image URL, does SRM MDM Catalog WebdynPro GUI show the image in there? Last I checked, it was only showing the hyperlink where image should be. I dont want to show hyperlink of image to my End users, but the actual image. Also I want to show image during compare and give hyperlink is not a good idea.

This question was also posted by SRMUSER123 too ....Not sure he /she got answer....I would like to know how can I use the Hyperlink solution with image displayed w/o clicking on hyperlink.

Thanks

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Ideal approach would be: If you have lot many images then instead of storing them into MDM repository which will definately affect the performance of MDM server, you can store all the images in one central location (may be the system in the same network with that of MDM Server) and then use Link to Original File option at the time of importing images in Data Manager. This will not store the images and you will also get an image instead of hyperlink in catalog.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sudhanshu, Jitesh and Mandeep,

After I posted the question, I tried with the rendered option and figured out that with Rendered option, I can put the link in data manager against each item. In SRM MDM Web GUI, I can now see image instead of a url and can images compare too. So I am storing links to a shared folder and this is exactly what I was looking for. I believe with this option, there would very less load on MDM because I am stroing only link to the shared folder in MDM and actual image is somewhere else. There are about 26000 items in catalog.

Thanks again for you guys prompt responses. You guys are stars of SCN MDM commuinty!!

Regards

Pravin Bhute

Visit me@

http://www.linkedin.com/in/pravinbhute

http://twitter.com/pravinbhute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I read this thread and basically want to display images in the catalog as well, I have done all the necessary steps to make it happen but its not working, I have mapped the source fields for hyperlink type, mime type and URL, have also configured the UI manager so that Hyperlink/image field is visible in the item details view of the catalog, but still no images show up in the catalog.

Would really appreciate if someone can point to something that I might be missing.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Also I want to show image during compare and give hyperlink is not a good idea.

Ideally as per your requirement, I feel Load Images into Repository by Data Manager either using Store in Repository if you don't have too many images or should use Link to Original file only option if you have too many images considering your performance of MDM would be the right choice as using hyperlink i feel there could be chances that you would not be able to compare images.

Note: Image records in MDM above 100,000 should be absolutely avoided.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, there are two ways to load images into MDM.

First, load images into repository through Data Manager.

Second, load image URL's and host images on a web server.

I believe storing images in MDM repository can consume space and cause performance problems. Is it better to use URLs?

My question is if I use Image URL, does SRM MDM Catalog WebdynPro GUI show the image in there? Last I checked, it was only showing the hyperlink where image should be. I dont want to show hyperlink of image to my End users, but the actual image. Also I want to show image during compare and give hyperlink is not a good idea.

This question was also posted by SRMUSER123 too ....Not sure he /she got answer....I would like to know how can I use the Hyperlink solution with image displayed w/o clicking on hyperlink.

Thanks

Pravin

Hi Pravin,

You are right .There are two ways of storing images in image type field.

First one was to store images in repository.

Second one is not the url but the location of image that arestored in some shared location that can be accssed by MDM server machine.Its not like that you give the web URL link and it shows the image.It should be stored somewhere.

But this is possible through field of type hyperlink.

in the hyperlink field

type : rendered

MIME type : image type i.e. .jpg

URL : web URL

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

url :weburl image