cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value mapping : target value need to be blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement like below (just example).

Source Target

A Z

B Y

C X

N BLANK or ""

When I did this using value mapping it works fine for all values except for source value 'N'.

When the source is N then the target should have value space or blank. Is this not supported by value mapping?

For value N, do i have to explicitly check 'if value N then make it blank'?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if value mapping supports blank value as result or not. But if you have checked your result in MONI then you won't see the blank value, try to see the source code of Payload data (right click and select view source code). If you see the blank value then it means value mapping works else you have to explicitly check 'if value N then make it blank'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

Thanks for your response. For source value N I am getting target as N though in value mapping I have mentioned the target as blank.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

> For source value N I am getting target as N though in value mapping I have mentioned the target as blank.

This is standard behavior of value mapping when any value is not present in value mapping table then it return the input value as it is. So this means when you declare N with a bank value as result then value mapping won't consider it as an valid entry in the value mapping table. So now you have to take care of N explicitly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasand,

can you try to give any value(say ABC) for N in the value mapping and in the filed mapping where you pass the value of n to targer structure ,try overwriting/replacing (use replace value or a UDF) ABC to a Blank space.I think this may help .

Regards,

Srinivas