cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Document positions with zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am having an error when creating SD Billing Document. I have a sales order with some position with net value 0 and when I create the billing document I dont want this positions to be copied.

I know I can reject this positions on the sales order, but this process is something automatic and there is no control.

Is there anything I can do on the control copy to avoid copying values on 0 from sales order to billing document?

I hope you can hel me.

J. Garibaldi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a new item category " ZXXX"and make it as not relevant for billing in billing relavancefield and also maintain the item category determintaion settings.

Now when you have line item with 0 value change the item category to "ZXXX" and save the document . So when you create a billing for the respective sales order the particular line item with item cat as "ZXXX" will not be copied.

OR

You can create a new routine in the transaction VOFM and assign it in the copy control of order --> billing at item cat level.

Please go through the below link to create the new routine

http://saptechsolutions.com/pdf/VOFMCopyRequirementRoutines.pdf

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue!!

Regards,

Krishna O

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Billing documents need to reflect sales activity that has accounting impact even if there is no net value for an item. u201CFree itemsu201D still need to post on billing documents because of the impact to cost of goods sold.

There are ways (user exits) to remove zero-net-value line items from billing document output. But the documents in the system really need to include the items.

Regards,

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken Belesky said:

u201CFree itemsu201D still need to post on billing documents because of the impact to cost of goods sold.

Sorry Ken, but that's not true.

The impact to COGS takes place when the goods issue is posted.

James

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

James is absolutely correct. COGS is accounted for at goods issue.

A better example would be the set of pricing conditions that reduce the value from list price to net value of zero.

If such exist and are of interest for reporting purposes, then the item needs to exist on the billing document.