Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We are attempting to create an Implementation using BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER and method ENRICH_ITEM_DATA. The objective is to use this BADI to convert the Vendor DUNS number into an R/3 Vendor Number and convert the UNSPSC code into an R/3 Material Number amongst other things.

The problem we are having is not with the coding of the BADI but with the ability to trigger it.

We would like to see the BADI trigger when Catalogue items are returned from the external marketplace. We have setup ITS debug via the AGATE to assist us in the coding process. Using this method of DEBUG, I would expect to see the BADI implementation trigger when the items are returned to the Shopping cart in EBP. (please correct me if you think this is wrong -). We have entered internal and external breakpoints into the code in attempt to try and see the trigger via DEBUG but to no avail. The system does not appear to reference this code at all.

maybe I should use Function module BBP_ENRICH_CATALOG_DATA

- but the problem I have is that it needs a DOC number and I do not have that at the time - do you know what doc number this is refering to??)

FYI - We are using other BADIS and are able to trigger these via the AGATE ITS debug.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards

Ketan

Message was edited by: support team

Message was edited by: support team

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

As you are using standalone ITS (not integrated ITS), the simplest method is as follow (without any break point):

Prerequisites:

- you have enabled ITS debugging in the Agate, with a port number, and restarted ITS

- you have created the corresponding entry in your SAP Logon (serveur = ITS serveur, system number = agate debug port number)

Then launch IE and BBPSTART.

Click on "Shop".

Now launch the ITS debug from the SAP Logon.

Navigate in the Shop transaction. This will trigger the ITS debug and a new SAP GUI window will open with the "mirror" of your Shop transaction --> if not your ITS dubuging is not enabled.

In the Shop transaction click on your catalog link: this opens the catalog application.

Now in the SAP GUI window, you can enter /h.

In the catalog, search, select and order items. This will sent back the data to SRM via OCI, where the /h will bring you in debug mode.

Here you can continue manually via debug features (F5, F6..).

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for the response.

I have enabled ITS DEBUG via the AGATE. This is allowing us to DEBUG WEBGUI transactions such as bbppu99 etc.. It is also allowing us to debug BADI BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI..

The problem is that I am unable to trigger the debug for BADI BBP_CATALOG_TRANSFER as per the methods I have mentioned above. Looking at your advise I have performed all these actions and they all appear to be working OK. But using this approach only seems to take me to DEBUG of program SAPLBBP_SC when I return an Item from the catalogue.

If I go to Function module BBP_ENRICH_CATALOG_DATA then click on /h and then go back to the WEB browser to check out my items, I am taken to the dubug of this module but I am still failing to see any internal update of table type "catalog_content" which is what I would expect to be populated. This is why i feel the badi is not being triggered...

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Ketan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

I am not sure to understand everything.

If you go to Function module BBP_ENRICH_CATALOG_DATA with transaction SE37 and then enter "/h", this won't do anything with the parallel web session !!!

If you start again my method, this brings you to "DEBUG of program SAPLBBP_SC when I return an Item from the catalogue". This is exactly the right starting point.

Being in debug mode, you can continue until the call of BBP_ENRICH_CATALOG_DATA (either manually with F5/F6, either via menu --> breakpoint at --> Function module --> BBP_ENRICH_CATALOG_DATA.

And here, in this function you will see your catalog content in table CATALOG_CONTENT, whatever a BADI exist or not. Because the BADI is called later in this FM...

Check that your BADI implementation is active.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

former_member84399
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christophe,

Hope all is well. Thanks for the help.

I have managed to look through and am now clear...

All the best regards..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shaikhtabrez3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ketan,

In SRM this function module & program is not exist

BBP_ENRICH_CATALOG_DATA & SAPLBBP_SC

can you tell me alternate process to this badi for transaction NWBC