cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Configuration Error: Exception:[java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using dynamic configuration to put a string to the message header. i have created a tilde delimited string with the length more than 200(length=928). During mapping i am using dynamic configuration to put this in SOAP header. But everytime i execute scenario i get an error:

"com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.MessageMappingException: Runtime exception when processing target-field mapping; root message: Exception:[java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value is too long (928/200): "

Is there a limit to the length of the string that can be placed in the dynamic configuration ?

Please help.

Regards,

Meenakshi Pradhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi!

I got the information that the dynamic header values length are restricted to length 200. This

limitation had to be introduced technically because

other external systems cannot process longer values. Unfortunately the

length of this value cannot be changed so no patch is available.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caio,

Thank you for the information. It was very helpful. But can u give me a link where is it document or where i can get this information.

Regards,

Meenakshi

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> "com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.MessageMappingException: Runtime exception when processing target-field mapping; root message: Exception:[java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value is too long (928/200): "

>

I think the above error does say about that..!! Try putting data like 201 chars and the 200 chars, then see what happens.

VJ