cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call SAP GUI txn from WD4A running in the SAP GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm somewhat new to Web Dynpro and I'm trying to evaluate the use of WD4A as our main custom screen/txn platform. I have written a simple application. I created a transaction code that calls WDYID and launches my WD4A application in the SAP GUI.

Our company does a lot of "CALL TRANSACTION" in our normal dynpro development and I need to prove out that it is possible to do the same in WD4A. I've used the following code to try and call a transaction:

CALL METHOD lo_window_manager->create_external_window
    EXPORTING
      url           =
'http://<host>:<port>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-client=<client>&~TRANSACTION=VA03'
     title          = 'Display Orderl'
*    MODAL          = ABAP_FALSE
*    HAS_MENUBAR    = ABAP_TRUE
*    IS_RESIZABLE   = ABAP_TRUE
*    HAS_SCROLLBARS = ABAP_TRUE
*    HAS_STATUSBAR  = ABAP_TRUE
*    HAS_TOOLBAR    = ABAP_TRUE
*    HAS_LOCATION   = ABAP_TRUE
    RECEIVING
      window         = lo_wd_window.

The problem with this is that when called from the SAP GUI, it launches a browser. I would like for it to go directly to the WebGUI version of VA03.

Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally got a note applied and tried to do a suspend call to an ITS app. The call itself worked, however, my resume isn't working. After I hit back on the ITS app it just goes back to the SAP menu.

I added a resume type plug to my inbound plugs. Does there need to be code in the resume plug? I think maybe I'm missing something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So the exit url worked too. However, it ends my current WD application. When I try to call VA03 using a suspend plug, it throws and error saying I have invalid characters. Are suspend plugs only for calling other WD applications?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

you should be able to suspend to an ITS call.

- however you might fall foul of a bug - fixed in note 1255292 (Special characters not permitted for suspend/redirect)

Not sure if this is what is causing the issue...

Can you not pass parameters to the transaction using the CL_WDR_SAPGUI_INTEGRATION2->FIRE method?

this is what is called by the FIRE_START_TRANSACTION method, but allows for additional parameters.(I've never used it myself so I'm not sure that it would work, but would be interesting to find out - could you let us know?)

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created an instance of the sap_gui_manager and calling a transaction and that worked like a charm. Doesn't look like there is a way to pass parameters though. I'll try the URL to the outbound plug. Thanks for the help!

Edited by: Adam Freseman on Jun 17, 2010 9:09 PM

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adam,

You could instead of launching an external window fire the exit plug of your application and pass the ITS URL to the exit plug - this will then launch the ITS session in the current browser - exiting the current application.

(search on exit plugs url - you will find many references).

Hope that helps,

Chris

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may find the following thread interesting too -