cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts in PI70

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to create alerts in PI to get the file name that was failed to process with my interface. what are the parameters/variables to give in longtext /short text tabs for getting file name.

my requirement is suppose if i process 10 files a day and 5 files processed and 6th file was failed. so i want to send this file name as alert mail to my admin.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can not do that unless you define a BPM and push the file name in to ASMA and get that in to your payload in your mapping. Simply, it is not worth doing it. Instead you can use ASMA enabled in the channel and send message id in the alert mail so that, you can easily find the message in Moni and thus look athe dynamic config node to find the filename.

VJ

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we can't do like this (without bpm) because there are some predefined variables are there, we can get only those details in the Alert.

Alert support this parameters

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

You have to use BPM or configure the mail adapter and send the mail.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for reply. suppose if i want to configure mail adapter, how can i assign/ get file name to that. it will be great if you provide teh steps to follow to give file name as attachment in mail adapter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is also a way.

But just try, to get file name in mapping (we generally do that when we want to configure dynamic file name in communication channel), and then put that mapping parameter in alert.

M not sure this can be done or not, as i hv never tried it, but i think it should be possible.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hetal,

as i know few parameters support by Alert like interface name,service....pelase let me know how to call mapping parameters in Alert.

Thanks in Advance. SARAN

0 Kudos

Hi Saran,

Please refer to note:

#913858 - XI Alerting: Troubleshooting

This should help you with creating alerts.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani