cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrency in communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the file receiver adapter there is a field called "maximum concurrency", which specifies how many messages that comm channel will attempt to process at the same time (concurrently).

However, there is also a field in the NWA. From SAP documentation:

...a new parameter messaging.system.queueParallelism.maxReceivers was

introduced which can be set in NWA in service XPI Service: Messaging System. With this

parameter you can restrict the maximum number of receiver consumer threads that can be

used by one interface. Note: This is a global parameter at the moment that affects all

adapters. It should therefore not be set too restrictively. We recommend that you set it to 5

(so that each interface can use 5 consumer threads for each server node) and increase the

overall number of threads on the receive queue for the adapter in question (for example,

JDBC) to 20. With this configuration it will be possible for four interfaces to get resources in

parallel.

So global parameter affects the hole messaging system, the other just the comm channel.

QUESTION: What does it mean that the global parameter is set to 0 in my system? I can't find information. Does it mean the parameter is deactivated (I guess so) so there's no global limit? Or it means that it's not possible any paralelism possible in the receiver side?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge

The default value of the messaging.system.queueParallelism.maxReceivers parameter is 0 - deactivated.

See the blog: /people/kenny.scott/blog/2008/12/05/xipi-file-and-jdbc-receiver-adapter-performance-and-availability-improvements

and

Properties Related to the Messaging System

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/59/25ee41c334c717e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

for documentation relating to this parameter.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know where to find the blog mentioned by Mark above? I can't find it, or anything else on the new SCN for that matter. All I can find under /people/kenny.scott/blog/2008 is a blog about TechEd 2008. Thanks folks,

David

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

the blog -

XI/PI File and JDBC Receiver Adapter performance and availability improvements

is in the XI/PI space.

Hope you find it useful.

Regards

Kenny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hey Jorge,

Here are an explanation regarding the different values for this paramenter:

Maximum Concurrency = 1. This is the default value of Maximum Concurrency. This means a

single receiver File/FTP channel can acquire only one FTP

connection. This case does not offer any parallel processing of

messaging by single channel.

Maximum Concurrency > 1. This ensures that resource pool size (FTP conneciton size) is

limited to specified value per single File/FTP receiver channel. For

instance, setting this parameter to 2 will ensure that a single

receiver File/FTP channel can acquire 2 FTP connections in

parallel(if needed).

More information can be found in note:

#821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 File Adapter

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good one raise an SAP OSS note, if the documentation does not talk about it.

VJ