cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not visible in the universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem with which I struggle for hours... When I try to "Insert a Table" in the universe designer and in the table browser I right-click and try to preview the table data - it is present and everything is ok.

After I insert the table and then in the universe I right click and try to view the data in the table it shows no rows. Later when I try to create a report on this table in BO InfoView I get for my query "No data to retrieve". The fact is there is data but for some reason once I insert the table in the universe it is uable to retrieve it.

Any ideas or help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Maria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

This sounds like a security, or possibly a connection problem.

Just a few questions:

Does it do this on all tables? Or just one?

Does it do the same on any database?

Are there already tables and objects in this universe that work normally?

Is this a newly created Universe, or an existing one?

Does this happen in other Universes, or just this one?

Are you exporting the Universe after adding the table and before trying to use the report?

Do the objects you create against the table parse? And is the table joined to other tables?

Just some ideas to point to what may be causing the problem.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This seems to be happening on all the tables in the universe. Not sure if it happens on other universes as this is the only one exisiting on the machine.

The problem appears on tables within the universe and newly added, no matter of they have other tables related to them.

I am administrator on the machine and have admin role within BO... and I am still stuck with this problem

Kind regards,

Maria